Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello all, new owner from CT

Hi all, been lurking around here for a couple of months and figured I should take the time to actually join. Traded in my Mustang in December and picked up a 17', the incentives from Ford were too good to ignore. I've made a few mods so far and am really enjoying this little car. Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

24837587_10156066615576654_6518269478166112371_o.jpg IMG_20171204_204047003.jpg 26952076_10156212945786654_1620059359525931645_o.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

I would have tried to find a way to hang onto the Boss, if that were at all possible. ;)

I attended a year of school at Quinnipiac College in Hamden (now a University) in '74-'75.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard. What kind of deal did you get?

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #6
WELCOME and CONGRATS!

I would have tried to find a way to hang onto the Boss, if that were at all possible. ;)

I attended a year of school at Quinnipiac College in Hamden (now a University) in '74-'75.
Thanks. The Boss was fun, but I was sick of getting airbag recall notices for it, as the dealer techs messed the car up pretty badly when it was new and I had the trackey installed. I also wanted the space back in my garage for other projects, wasn't driving it much anymore.

Congrats and welcome aboard. What kind of deal did you get?
20k OTD for the Fiesta with Recaros, 26k on the trade in, plus no tax on the new car since CT gives you a tax credit when you trade in. Basically the dealer paid me to take the Fiesta.

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #11
nice.
planning on auto-x or track it?
Not sure yet. Not really interested in auto-x, but I might be up to do a track night up at Thompson sometime. I wanted to take the Mustang up there when the track was redone, but the advancetrac on that car was way too unpredictable for me to build any real confidence with that car. The VSC in the Fiesta seems far less obtrusive so far.

Not sure yet. Not really interested in auto-x, but I might be up to do a track night up at Thompson sometime. I wanted to take the Mustang up there when the track was redone, but the advancetrac on that car was way too unpredictable for me to build any real confidence with that car. The VSC in the Fiesta seems far less obtrusive so far.
I took my Mustang to Pocono (multiple layouts) and NYST. I haven't been to Thompson.
This year, I'll be taking my ST to (likely) Pocono, NYST, Lime Rock.

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #13
I took my Mustang to Pocono (multiple layouts) and NYST. I haven't been to Thompson.
This year, I'll be taking my ST to (likely) Pocono, NYST, Lime Rock.
Cool. I've looked at NYST for some bike events, I didn't realize they run cars there as well. What year Mustang do you/did you have?

Cool. I've looked at NYST for some bike events, I didn't realize they run cars there as well. What year Mustang do you/did you have?
the track is really fun for cars. I think the ST is going to be a blast there

My ex-car now.... 2015 base V8, multiple bracing

from NYST
4B4A0956_20.jpg

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #16
the track is really fun for cars. I think the ST is going to be a blast there

My ex-car now.... 2015 base V8, multiple bracing

from NYST
View attachment 17074
Nice. How did you like that 15'? I was considering picking up a new Mustang, but my 12' always felt sort of big to me. I keep judging them against my old fox body, and even though the newer ones are technically better in any measurable sense, they never feel quite right to me. If that makes any sense.

Nice. How did you like that 15'? I was considering picking up a new Mustang, but my 12' always felt sort of big to me. I keep judging them against my old fox body, and even though the newer ones are technically better in any measurable sense, they never feel quite right to me. If that makes any sense.
The 15 was my first and only Mustang. It is a big car and drove like one to me. I know it had a lot of tech to help keep me straight. But I know it was a me-problem, but I didn't trust it from kicking out and spinning (which I did many times at auto-x). While it was a very fun car, I found it sort of tiring to drive a lot. It was very comfy, but having to be "on" every second was tiring and ultimately, not fun to drive.

I had to get rid of it as when I drove it, I found myself over 100mph a lot on I-84. Since i didn't want to go to jail, I got rid of the car.

Here is the Pocono Mega layout with the Mustang. When I got to 140mph entering turn 1, the hood looked like it was going to fly off. Kinda scary. It was fine at 135mph. CAr had a catback exhaust with an H-pipe. It sounded glorious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7kduK5UCRg

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #18
The 15 was my first and only Mustang. It is a big car and drove like one to me. I know it had a lot of tech to help keep me straight. But I know it was a me-problem, but I didn't trust it from kicking out and spinning (which I did many times at auto-x). While it was a very fun car, I found it sort of tiring to drive a lot. It was very comfy, but having to be "on" every second was tiring and ultimately, not fun to drive.

I had to get rid of it as when I drove it, I found myself over 100mph a lot on I-84. Since i didn't want to go to jail, I got rid of the car.

Here is the Pocono Mega layout with the Mustang. When I got to 140mph entering turn 1, the hood looked like it was going to fly off. Kinda scary. It was fine at 135mph. CAr had a catback exhaust with an H-pipe. It sounded glorious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7kduK5UCRg
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about the size. I daily drove an 89 LX for 9 years, and it felt perfect to me from a size perspective.

My boss wanted to be at 10/10 all the time, especially running with the trackey. It never wanted to just relax, and it seemed to let you know just how unhappy it was if you were just trying to drive around "normally". The thing that really made me nervous about it was that the stability control would override the "full off" mode and turn itself back on if you brought the car to an extreme yaw angle. This wouldn't have been that much an issue, except that the car would take all of your throttle control away until you came to a complete stop. I found it to be really disconcerting and was a major reason why I never wanted to put it on a road course (I discovered it when I was drifting the car).

Haha, I can relate to the highway speed thing too. I used to work down in Westport and ended up terrorizing the Merrit parkway more often than not.

I guess they never addressed the hood thing either, mine used to flap around like that right around 140 too. The 89 would do it from about 130 or so.

They do sound absolutely fantastic above 5k though. I was running the open boss sidepipes and MAC axlebacks, sounded killer at 7500. I do miss that noise.

The old 89
191649_10150180828426654_3046756_o.jpg

Welcome!

Also local to CT (Guilford) and my brother came from a 2016 Mustang GT to his fiesta st. We actually currently have 3 fiesta STs. Love the Euro lights!

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #20
Welcome!

Also local to CT (Guilford) and my brother came from a 2016 Mustang GT to his fiesta st. We actually currently have 3 fiesta STs. Love the Euro lights!
Cool. Is one of them black by any chance? I was getting on 95 south in Madison on Saturday and saw one behind me.