Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Hello all, new owner from CT

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean about the size. I daily drove an 89 LX for 9 years, and it felt perfect to me from a size perspective.

My boss wanted to be at 10/10 all the time, especially running with the trackey. It never wanted to just relax, and it seemed to let you know just how unhappy it was if you were just trying to drive around "normally". The thing that really made me nervous about it was that the stability control would override the "full off" mode and turn itself back on if you brought the car to an extreme yaw angle. This wouldn't have been that much an issue, except that the car would take all of your throttle control away until you came to a complete stop. I found it to be really disconcerting and was a major reason why I never wanted to put it on a road course (I discovered it when I was drifting the car).

Haha, I can relate to the highway speed thing too. I used to work down in Westport and ended up terrorizing the Merrit parkway more often than not.

I guess they never addressed the hood thing either, mine used to flap around like that right around 140 too. The 89 would do it from about 130 or so.

They do sound absolutely fantastic above 5k though. I was running the open boss sidepipes and MAC axlebacks, sounded killer at 7500. I do miss that noise.

The old 89
View attachment 17093
My brother had a stripped (ordered that way) '91 LX notch which he autocrossed a lot.

I remember hitting ~150 in my 4th gen LS1 Z28 on RT.78 East @ 3:00 AM once a while ago (worked a sort of third shift at the time), so yeah, temptation can be dangerous to your freedom.

The Merritt would be one of the sweetest roads to drive in the country IF there were not so many LEOs on it, and there were not so many (blind) entrances/on ramps.
But, at least they got rid of the tolls many years ago.
I really like the twistier parts getting down near Greenwich, and the hills.
It IS a 'pretty' road as far as two lanes in the populated parts of the Northeast go. ;)

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #23
My brother had a stripped (ordered that way) '91 LX notch which he autocrossed a lot.

I remember hitting ~150 in my 4th gen LS1 Z28 on RT.78 East @ 3:00 AM once a while ago (worked a sort of third shift at the time), so yeah, temptation can be dangerous to your freedom.

The Merritt would be one of the sweetest roads to drive in the country IF there were not so many LEOs on it, and there were not so many (blind) entrances/on ramps.
But, at least they got rid of the tolls many years ago.
I really like the twistier parts getting down near Greenwich, and the hills.
It IS a 'pretty' road as far as two lanes in the populated parts of the Northeast go. ;)
Cool, yeah back in the day I remember it seemed like everyone was chopping those notchbacks up into drag cars, good to hear of someone else that was interested in going around a turn. I had a buddy that had a retired SSP notch, which eventually ended up with a turboed 347. Maximum unsafe.

I'm with you on your opinion of the Merrit. A lot of those on ramps are downright dangerous. I still travel down that way fairly regularly for work, to get to I287/White Plains, unfortunately my company vehicle is a hybrid escape....barf.

OP
Dirttwurk
Thread Starter #26
cool. Justin mentioned that he had a coworker who's family has 3 of these things, I thought it would be a funny coincidence. I've known him for years, was talking to him about bringing the fiesta by to get aligned after I lower it, unfortunately we don't have a rack in our shop.