Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Damond OCC Help

I am having some issues with my Damond OCC.

First, the drain line comes disconnected and I am not sure where to run it down or what to zip tie it to. Can anyone advise how they ran the drain line or have any photos of it? Secondly, I am not sure how to reach in and hit the drain valve on it since its pretty far down. Is there a simple way to do it?

Thanks for the help

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I am having some issues with my Damond OCC.

First, the drain line comes disconnected and I am not sure where to run it down or what to zip tie it to. Can anyone advise how they ran the drain line or have any photos of it? Secondly, I am not sure how to reach in and hit the drain valve on it since its pretty far down. Is there a simple way to do it?

Thanks for the help
I ran mine down to the front of the lower control arm so I can turn the wheel to the right....have my BAEs son hold the bottle and I flip the lever....works pretty slick...all I did was make sure the hose was routed away from any super hot metal surfaces so it wouldn't melt. It's 10° here in Mn and snowing and it's slushy...I'd go out and snap a pic but I am at work.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #3
I ran mine down to the front of the lower control arm so I can turn the wheel to the right....have my BAEs son hold the bottle and I flip the lever....works pretty slick...all I did was make sure the hose was routed away from any super hot metal surfaces so it wouldn't melt. It's 10° here in Mn and snowing and it's slushy...I'd go out and snap a pic but I am at work.

/
Do you drain it when your under the car for an oil change?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
/
Do you drain it when your under the car for an oil change?
I usually drain it every 3k in between oil changes...even though ford says to go 5k on Oil changes via manufacturer recommendation. It's easily done when the vehicle is on the ground...sitting normally.

I just use one finger from the top. Pay attention to how it opens because you will be opening it blind. You can press down on one side of the drain handle with a finger, but it is hard to figure out where to push if you don't make a mental note when you install it.

As far as the drain hose slipping off goes, cut off about an inch and then install it because maybe yours is stretched out a little bit. You can also use a zip tie.

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #6
I just use one finger from the top. Pay attention to how it opens because you will be opening it blind. You can press down on one side of the drain handle with a finger, but it is hard to figure out where to push if you don't make a mental note when you install it.

As far as the drain hose slipping off goes, cut off about an inch and then install it because maybe yours is stretched out a little bit. You can also use a zip tie.
How did you route the drain hose/what did you zip tie it to?

KKaWing

The installation guide recommends you run it following the strut tower down, I routed it behind some hard line, then towards the rear of the car above the drive shaft then into the "slanted" braces and zip tied it there.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I installed a brass barbed fitting into the drain valve, and then stainless steel clamped an oil resistant hose (different/thicker in wall size than what it came with) to that fitting.
I routed it down into one of the holes in the lower control arm with (ironically) enough length to reach, and put into an empty iced tea drain bottle without jacking up the car, even though I cannot turn the lever without doing so. [:(]

My hands are too big to fit down into the space to turn the valve's lever from the top, so I have to do this reaching up from underneath whenever I have a chance to get under the (lifted by a jack/stands) car.

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #9
I installed a brass barbed fitting into the drain valve, and then stainless steel clamped an oil resistant hose (different/thicker in wall size than what it came with) to that fitting.
I routed it down into one of the holes in the lower control arm with (ironically) enough length to reach, and put into an empty iced tea drain bottle without jacking up the car, even though I cannot turn the lever without doing so. [:(]

My hands are too big to fit down into the space to turn the valve's lever from the top, so I have to do this reaching up from underneath whenever I have a chance to get under the (lifted by a jack/stands) car.
Thanks I’ll try that. I’ll try to pull the can out this weekend. You don’t happen to have a picture of how its installed do you?

I think my mistake was I ran the drain line down and towards the back of the car and through a hole along the frame and it was too much tension and this it came loose

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Nope no pics, but i just ran it straight down and back slightly to line up with that circular a-arm cutout.

I drained mine today, and it's a shame that the 'clocking' of the lever on the drain valve is the ONLY thing preventing me from draining this thing with the car fully on the ground, and just the hood opened.
In the spring I am going to 're-clock' the position of the drain assembly with a spacer so that I can reach the lever from the top for a REALLY easy drain. ;)