Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bought a Fiesta, then it snowed

I've been looking at the Fiesta ST for a few weeks now. My 98 Legacy GT, that I've had for 15 years(310k on it now) is starting to show it's age. So I decided to get the FiST(Magnetic). And of course, the day I decide to buy it(and drive it to work), we get 4 inches of snow, and the dealership got the standard summer tires on it. The drive home was interesting, and very slow. Didn't even make it up the final hill to my house yesterday.

But I do like the car. Leaving so many years of AWD will be a change though. Just need to find some snow tires now.

I had a very similar experience about 6 weeks ago when I got my Shadow Black FiST. Enjoyed an unseasonably nice 50ish degree drive home from the dealership, and then got like 3 inches of snow and ice. I guess since you're in Denver, snow tires may be necessary, but these cars get around great with decent all seasons as well. Continental DWS all seasons make driving in the snow a breeze. Regardless congrats on your new Fiesta!

Business6

Congrats on the Magnetic Gray but sorry, that timing with the snow is really shitty when coming off your LGT.

Finally received about 7-8" of snow from that same storm here. Only took two months of having Blizzaks to finally justify having them but next year I'm sure we'll get more than 15% of our normal snowfall.

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
Congrats on the Magnetic Gray but sorry, that timing with the snow is really shitty when coming off your LGT.

Finally received about 7-8" of snow from that same storm here. Only took two months of having Blizzaks to finally justify having them but next year I'm sure we'll get more than 15% of our normal snowfall.
How's yours fair in that much snow? I haven't had just FWD in a very long time. It's going to take some getting used to, especially with traction control and electronic throttle.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

Congrats on the new Fist! Tires are the most important thing, get a good set of snows and you'll be set to go. You could have ten-wheel drive and if you had Max performance summer tires you wouldn't move/turn or stop. I've lived in Massachusetts my entire life and awd isn't necessary for the 5-10 times a year you might have to drive in the snow. ????????????

Business6

How's yours fair in that much snow? I haven't had just FWD in a very long time. It's going to take some getting used to, especially with traction control and electronic throttle.

Just have to take it slow and not carry speed into a turn like any other car. I'm absolutely thrilled with how the low-end torque pulls it along with little effort so it's extremely easy to get moving. Coming from Miatas that had snow tires there's a lot more of a challenge there to get moving but frankly driving this car in the snow requires no effort at all with the right tires and approach.

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
Since I basically can't drive the car right now for the foreseeable future with these tires, I ordered a set of Michelin Xice with Motegi MR116 in 15x6.5 and 195/55/15. That should make for a much better experience for the rest of winter in Colorado (which could end in 5 days, or 4 months, there really are no rules to Colorado's weather).

In snowy conditions be mindful of wild rocks running across the road. Little buggers like to see who can cause the most damage to a vehicle and the snow can make them difficult to avoid.

Business6

Since I basically can't drive the car right now for the foreseeable future with these tires, I ordered a set of Michelin Xice with Motegi MR116 in 15x6.5 and 195/55/15. That should make for a much better experience for the rest of winter in Colorado (which could end in 5 days, or 4 months, there really are no rules to Colorado's weather).

Good call!