Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Thermal R&D Cat back installed

I installed the Thermal cat back that I got from Ron this weekend. I went to my local exhaust guy and I had him install it and weld all the pieces instead of using the provided clamps.
Since there weren't many videos of this exhaust, I put together a couple of clips for people who are interested in hearing it on a stock turbo.

Car sounds great now. Not too loud, a nice burble sound most times and the occasional pop from time to time.

[video]https://youtu.be/ghgY0lQnjFk[/video]

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
I installed the Thermal cat back that I got from Ron this weekend. I went to my local exhaust guy and I had him install it and weld all the pieces instead of using the provided clamps.
Since there weren't many videos of this exhaust, I put together a couple of clips for people who are interested in hearing it on a stock turbo.

Car sounds great now. Not too loud, a nice burble sound most times and the occasional pop from time to time.

Bravo!!!!!
great video!

HBEcoBeaST

Sounds really good, can't wait to hear it with the DP. I'm assuming it's a bit louder than the 'quiet' Mountune and Cobb cat backs?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
One thing I'll always praise the Thermal for. Nice deep tone and the tone keeps its composure when WOT, as in, no rasp or fartyness. I'm sure the helmholtz system thats integrated into the exhaust helps with that. Thats not common with exhausts.

Apexer

What do you have for a air intake? I heard some whistle in the video!

Apexer

Bravo!!!!!
great video!
Ron, any idea what these systems weigh? I've looked, and I can't find an answer. Would you mind to throw one on a scale in the box? I'm interested in one, but I'm that autocross guy that doesn't want to add weight. Thanks.

OP
G
Thread Starter #20
What do you have for a air intake? I heard some whistle in the video!
I have the Cobb cold air. And I did a symposer delete. Once I removed the factory intake the turbo pshhh sound could be heard.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk