Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Damm Reverse

Two times this has happened to me. I will be parallel parking and shift into reverse just fine. Ill shift to first to pull fwd. I shift into reverse while being inches from the car in front of me. I give it gas and bam, im not in reverse and i am in first, almost hit two cars in two weeks. am i the only one that needs a reverse light?

I have to agree, it seems like you might need to just pay more attention. With the way our reverse lock out is, it's pretty noticeable when you're in reverse. A tip that i normally do in situations like that is move gear lever all the way left, then i lift up on the lock out so i can feel it go further.

Don't need no stinking reverse to parallel park, just a handbrake 180 and slide it in there. It's the method I use all the time and is perfectly safe, I've only had 24 parking accidents and 13 write offs in the past 6 months.
You say that as a joke, but when there's snow in the street, I actually pull the handbrake to slide 90 degrees in front of my driveway to park in reverse. I switch to reverse fairly quickly and never had an issue of going into first instead of reverse. I'm sometimes not fully engaged in reverse before releasing the clutch, but I'm never in first.

I would sya to OP, make sure you completely raise the reverse lock-out. It is definitely noticeable when going into reverse. I feel like the distance between 1st and reverse is definitely greater than between 1st and 2nd, might be as large as 1st and 6th (but I might be totally wrong too).

fred dirt

Didn't they teach the parking box hand brake slide at the Octane Academy? I keed I keed... I have had my reverse lock out stick, so when I go for first after reverse, I end up in reverse again. I also have a bad habit of playing with the lock out at stop lights, and have caught myself engaging reverse instead of first when it's time to go. Luckily I catch it quick and have not backed into anyone!