Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

USB Module Part Number for Car Play

I have a 2016 FiST and I just upgraded to Sync 2.3 in hopes of finally being able to use Apple Car Play however it appears I need a new usb module to enable car play? It doesn’t appear as an option and the Ford website says 2016s will require updated hardware

Does anyone know what the part number is and where online if possible it’s available.

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #6
Tascaparts gives me a warning this doesn’t fit the Fiesta. I’m new here. Just bought a 2016 certified ST. Love it so far. Needs the usb update though... wanna be sure I’m getting the right thing!
I ordered the part recommended in this thread should be arriving next week. I’ll let you know how it works

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Tascaparts gives me a warning this doesn’t fit the Fiesta. I’m new here. Just bought a 2016 certified ST. Love it so far. Needs the usb update though... wanna be sure I’m getting the right thing!
Don’t worry about the warning. It’s because this part did not come stock in your car. This was recommended to me in the other thread for my 2016. I bought it when I first bought the car and has been working with Apple CarPlay for the last 27K Miles with no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #8
I received the part from Tasca today, who shipped it super fast btw, took 2 minutes to install. CarPlay works great!

I received the part from Tasca today, who shipped it super fast btw, took 2 minutes to install. CarPlay works great!
Awesome. I’m right behind you, then. Thanks JDG for confirming, too.

Did you update the SYNC system as well? Mine doesn’t seem to want to do anything with the over-the-air update. I “request update” and it just spins away for 30 minutes.

OP
SoyFiesta
Thread Starter #10
Awesome. I’m right behind you, then. Thanks JDG for confirming, too.

Did you update the SYNC system as well? Mine doesn’t seem to want to do anything with the over-the-air update. I “request update” and it just spins away for 30 minutes.
Yeah I did. I had the same issue. Disconnected from my WiFi and reconnected. Worked well thereafter.