Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New Magnetic Owner

Very nice, the color grows on you, hehe.

Debating the clear bra bit in the front as well, not loving that it yellows (and potentially damages the paint, over time?).

I need to be sold on the clear bra.

Same color as you, but the black wheels really set the car off, imo, but that's just me.

OP
Bishop
Thread Starter #5
Debating the clear bra bit in the front as well, not loving that it yellows (and potentially damages the paint, over time?).

I need to be sold on the clear bra.
I've never had any yellowing with XPEL, nor have I had any chips or scratches after it was applied to my previous cars. The only drawback is that it's expensive. If your car is already chipped and scratched, there's no need. But for a new car...it should be the first mod. The magnetic color is growing on me.

anticon

Welcome! FYI, my 2017 magnetic has a 1000 miles on it since December, and already has some tiny chips/marks in the hood and passenger side front bumper. The one on the hood is the size of a large grain of sand and looks like its down to primer. I am disappointed with the paint and wish I would have read some threads about it earlier. I will likely be tinting and putting a bra on as soon as financially feasible. Just my two cents.

I was actually hoping to get a white one, but I am starting to think the magnetic is going to really grow on me, especially one I get it all cleaned, and waxed, those flakes under some wax should be pretty nice looking. It looks especially good in the dark with some bright lights on it.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I love the magnetic, I even waited a few days to get one brought in from dealer 50 miles away... not entirely sure what "out the door" means for everyone, but in my state with no regular sales tax and only a 0.5% new car road tax, $249 doc/DMV fees, I got my '17 magnetic w/black wheels with those fees included for $18,600... just an incredible deal for a car that drives so well with no mods! I understand that with sales tax in most states, they give better deals to keep cars selling, so I guess we all end up about the same...

I had a clear bra installed on the third day I owned my FiST, including full hood and side view mirror coverage. This is the third car I have had one installed on, and I have never regretted it for a second, even though it is a lot of money. If you do buy one, be VERY demanding that the job be done correctly. I used the so-called "best" high end shop in Central Ohio and it required 3 trips for them to get it all acceptable. The owner of the business finally got involved and flipped out at the shoddy installation. It would have been a lot less frustrating if they had pulled their heads out of their butts before the first attempt at installing it. If you have small bubbles they will likely disappear over time and are to be expected, so allow some weeks before insisting on a redo. But if there are creases or debris (even tiny pieces), they have screwed up and must address it. Remember, you are paying as much as the same coverage would cost on a Bugatti or a Rolls, so don't settle.

I had a clear bra installed on the third day I owned my FiST, including full hood and side view mirror coverage. This is the third car I have had one installed on, and I have never regretted it for a second, even though it is a lot of money. If you do buy one, be VERY demanding that the job be done correctly. I used the so-called "best" high end shop in Central Ohio and it required 3 trips for them to get it all acceptable. The owner of the business finally got involved and flipped out at the shoddy installation. It would have been a lot less frustrating if they had pulled their heads out of their butts before the first attempt at installing it. If you have small bubbles they will likely disappear over time and are to be expected, so allow some weeks before insisting on a redo. But if there are creases or debris (even tiny pieces), they have screwed up and must address it. Remember, you are paying as much as the same coverage would cost on a Bugatti or a Rolls, so don't settle.
3 years, 40k miles in and I sincerely regret not getting this done :/ The lip where the top of the windshield meets the roof gets the absolute worst of it here in NY.
I'm constantly filling in the chips all over the front of the car in general from NY's pothole-fix-strategy of filling the craters with gravel.

How much should I expect to shell out on a quality job? I've been dragging my feet on getting the roof wrapped black from the moment I got her.

I've never had any yellowing with XPEL, nor have I had any chips or scratches after it was applied to my previous cars. The only drawback is that it's expensive. If your car is already chipped and scratched, there's no need. But for a new car...it should be the first mod. The magnetic color is growing on me.

Good intel hombre, I'll check out that brand that you have experience with.. I don't mind spending a lil $ upfront know my car won't be chipped to 'ell down the road, haha.

3 years, 40k miles in and I sincerely regret not getting this done :/ The lip where the top of the windshield meets the roof gets the absolute worst of it here in NY.
I'm constantly filling in the chips all over the front of the car in general from NY's pothole-fix-strategy of filling the craters with gravel.

How much should I expect to shell out on a quality job? I've been dragging my feet on getting the roof wrapped black from the moment I got her.
I hear that!

Check out this thread, hombre..

http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/16200-Long-Island

Ford Community Posts