Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Weight List

Hey everyone.

I know there are weight reduction threads strewn across the different forums, but a lot aren't kept up. I'd like to start a list of the weight of stock and aftermarket parts. I just got an ST a week and a half ago so I'm going to be updating this from time to time so you can pull the weights of different parts right off the first post.

If you add a weight I'll post it in the list with your Username for brownie points.

Misc.

Sound symposer with tube: 8.6oz

Wheels:

Factory: 22.5lbs
Konig Hypergram 17x8 40mm: 16.3lb (Kalter)
Konig Dekagrams 16x8 40mm: 14.54 (Kalter)

Tires:

Stock Potenzas: 20lbs

Springs:

Cat-back:

Downpipe:

RMM:

Stock:
Cobb: 1lb 11.3 oz

Battery:

Stock: 32.7lbs (my bathroom scale)
Duralast 96r: 30.34lbs (Google)
Deka ETX20L: 15.5lbs

Seats:

Factory Heated Recaros: 47.9lbs each (2j-Racing)
Factory Non-Recaros:

Brakes:

-More to come-

Last edited:
I'll try to get the weight of the stock RMM and FMIC, but I'm not sure if the battery in our scale still works. Unfortunately, my j-line FMIC and AWR RMM are installed. I could do the FMIC as it's fairly easy to remove if the bumper is off someday.

I think it would be interesting to compare a few parts. The most interesting might be the difference we can get in unsprung weight from the suspension.

Also because I was looking at those this morning:
Konig Dekagram 16x8 4x108 projected 14.54lbs
Konig Hypergram 17x8 4x108 16.3lb

Compared to stock, the Hypergram is very interesting.

OP
Stanley0910
Thread Starter #4
I'll try to get the weight of the stock RMM and FMIC, but I'm not sure if the battery in our scale still works. Unfortunately, my j-line FMIC and AWR RMM are installed. I could do the FMIC as it's fairly easy to remove if the bumper is off someday.

I think it would be interesting to compare a few parts. The most interesting might be the difference we can get in unsprung weight from the suspension.

Also because I was looking at those this morning:
Konig Dekagram 16x8 4x108 projected 14.54lbs
Konig Hypergram 17x8 4x108 16.3lb

Compared to stock, the Hypergram is very interesting.
I posted the Hypergram s since they are confirmed and will add the dekagrams when they are. Thanks

OP
Stanley0910
Thread Starter #5
I've always read specs on the factory battery as being 33.5 lbs. [dunno]
I saw the same thing, so this weekend I will weigh my own. 2j-racing had this posted somewhere else though. I went with theirs to avoid over evaluate the weight.

OP
Stanley0910
Thread Starter #6
I've always read specs on the factory battery as being 33.5 lbs. [dunno]
I weighed mine on my bathroom scale this morning and it always seems pretty critical, but my battery weighed 32.7lbs on it. I guess maybe just in the manufacturing process the weight might vary slightly. A quick look around the internet showed 96r batteries ranging from 30.34 lbs (Duralast) to 35.9 lbs (stock 2001 focus). I'll use my weight since I have seen it and it's between the two. I actually could not find any as light as 2j-racing's aside from alternate class batteries.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I weighed mine on my bathroom scale this morning and it always seems pretty critical, but my battery weighed 32.7lbs on it. I guess maybe just in the manufacturing process the weight might vary slightly. A quick look around the internet showed 96r batteries ranging from 30.34 lbs (Duralast) to 35.9 lbs (stock 2001 focus). I'll use my weight since I have seen it and it's between the two. I actually could not find any as light as 2j-racing's aside from alternate class batteries.
I plan on getting the Odyssey PC1100 in the future because even though it only saves ~5 lbs. off the nose, it does NOT give up even ONE; CCA/CA/or minute of reserve capacity, or ah of nominal capacity to the factory, or any other aftermarket lead acid batteries out there. [:)]

OP
Stanley0910
Thread Starter #8
I'm probably going to end up with the Deka, at $105 I can stand a little less CCAs etc...KS isn't too bad in the winter. For a 14.5lb drop it will be worth it to me. I want to shed as much unnoticed weight as possible.