Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Dunlop ziii now available in the states.

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
Saw on tire rack that the Dunlop ziii made it over here finally. Curious to see how performs.

I am unaware of a Z3 Star spec tire being released. I was on the Tirerack site this past Wednesday and saw nothing of it. Now Z3 is listed. No specs are published. But, it does state a 200 tread wear rating. Same as Z2. From the description it appears that the Z3 is a low void version of the Z2. It is closer to being a slick. No tread depth spec is mentioned but it looks minimal. This is an interesting variation. I would not have ordered a shaved set of star specs several years ago if this choice had been available!

felopr

I am unaware of a Z3 Star spec tire being released. I was on the Tirerack site this past Wednesday and saw nothing of it. Now Z3 is listed. No specs are published. But, it does state a 200 tread wear rating. Same as Z2. From the description it appears that the Z3 is a low void version of the Z2. It is closer to being a slick. No tread depth spec is mentioned but it looks minimal. This is an interesting variation. I would not have ordered a shaved set of star specs several years ago if this choice had been available!
not really the z3 star spec but the z3 , the star specs is like a revision version of the tire
first it was the z2 then the z2 star specs and now the z3 and in some years the z3 star specs

felopr

Saw on tire rack that the Dunlop ziii made it over here finally. Curious to see how performs.
saw it last night also on tirerack, would be interested to see the autocross guys give feedback and do a comparison to the top tire right now(imo) the stones

These versions are super new. No detailed specs are up, yet. Having owned several sets of this Dunlop series, i suspect this version will be closer to a shaved z2 with enhanced dry grip but much less damp or wet capability. Like all of these extreme summer tires, these are not a mass market product.

If they legit don't come out in 225/45/15 I'm gonna kill someone. We've been stuck with crappy options in the 225/45/15 widths for a while now. 205/50/15 has a good selection but the 205's are too slow compared to a 225 on a 9 inch wheel.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I wish that they would release a 225/40-17, but even if they do not, these will be what I put on my summer setup (17x8 Pro Race 1.2s) next in a 215/40-17, unless Yoko releases their A052 in either of the above sizes. ;)

If they legit don't come out in 225/45/15 I'm gonna kill someone. We've been stuck with crappy options in the 225/45/15 widths for a while now. 205/50/15 has a good selection but the 205's are too slow compared to a 225 on a 9 inch wheel.
I was underwhelmed with the way a 225/45R15 behaved when i tried them. The Hankook RS3 v1 had a monster footprint.But, it was quick to overheat and as a street tire it would beat the shit of you from a ride perspective.

I was underwhelmed with the way a 225/45R15 behaved when i tried them. The Hankook RS3 v1 had a monster footprint.But, it was quick to overheat and as a street tire it would beat the shit of you from a ride perspective.
They don't feel good on an 8 inch wheel imo. You really need at least a 9 inch to let them shine; however, it's near impossible to fit on a fiesta :(