Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Savagegeese video - Direct injection, problems and solutions

Happy to say that much of this I was familiar with due solely to reading in this forum. Previous to owning a FiST and lurking around here, I had no clue about any details of fuel injection. It was just a buzzword in a car commercial.

Anyways, was interesting to watch and I did still learn a good deal. This isn't specific to FiSTs, but does explain direct injection and the problems we can run into due to the lack of port injection to keep the valves clean.

[video]https://youtu.be/xrLNDgrIw3U[/video]

One of his better videos...thanks for posting. In my experience, nothing completely prevents the carbon buildup on GDI motors. Catch cans, top tier fuel, and the dubious "Italian tune up" won't clean you intake ports/valves. And worse, the cleaning service is not covered under warranty.

Mark (Savagegeese) has talked about concerns with DI (or GDI) motors in lots of his videos for a long time now. He is a knowledgeable guy and the quality of his videos is fantastic. They're so good that I actually support him on Patreon.

green_henry

1000 Post Club
One of his better videos...thanks for posting. In my experience, nothing completely prevents the carbon buildup on GDI motors. Catch cans, top tier fuel, and the dubious "Italian tune up" won't clean you intake ports/valves. And worse, the cleaning service is not covered under warranty.
I definitely agree that catch cans won't clean your intake valves, but they should help reduce the gunk from building up in the first place, no? At least I'm hoping so because that video inspired me to buy a Radium OCC that I plan to install next weekend.

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
After seeing threads of cars with 50k that had OCC since new with valves just as bad as peo0le without.....I decided to not waste my money. There is no hope for GDI