Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD Custom Stainless Steel Fiesta ST Dead Pedals

Trader history for no-pistons (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Received mine last night. Very nice and heeded the sharp edges warning. I filed down the edges and applied a red orange background to the "ST" logo. Installed this morning and I think it looks great. See attached pics. [:)]

20140530-DSC00408.jpg

20140530-DSC00409.jpg

I really like that look. What material did you use for the red?
If/when I get one I'd like to do the same.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I believe the ST part is cut out. My plan is to use red electrical tape with the sticky side facing the floor where you can see it. Then I'll add a strip of duct tape to keep it where I want it. Hoping mine arrives today.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Just installed mine. A word of warning: the location we're installing these isn't dead flat. I used my foot on the dead pedal cover as a way to set the tape but quickly found out that the top and bottom is higher than the middle. It bent mine about halfway down right where the ST logo sits. Bummer.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Just installed mine. A word of warning: the location we're installing these isn't dead flat. I used my foot on the dead pedal cover as a way to set the tape but quickly found out that the top and bottom is higher than the middle. It bent mine about halfway down right where the ST logo sits. Bummer.
I nice soft bend of a angry kinky bend ??? I never thought to look under the carpet..

I really like that look. What material did you use for the red?
If/when I get one I'd like to do the same.
I just found some construction paper that matched as close in color to the ST badges and taped it on the back before I attached the double sided tape that was included.

In lieu of the colored paper I also had plenty of old magazines and flyers that could have worked with lots of clear red but that would have required a few more scissor cuts to do each letter.

Given the darker location of the footwell under the dash, I don't know how visible this will be and it may not show off particularly well, but I know its there and I think it looks good, which is all that counts. [:)]

I just found some construction paper that matched as close in color to the ST badges and taped it on the back before I attached the double sided tape that was included.

In lieu of the colored paper I also had plenty of old magazines and flyers that could have worked with lots of clear red but that would have required a few more scissor cuts to do each letter.

Given the darker location of the footwell under the dash, I don't know how visible this will be and it may not show off particularly well, but I know its there and I think it looks good, which is all that counts. [:)]
Oh ok thanks. You not worried about the paper getting wet or something?

Oh ok thanks. You not worried about the paper getting wet or something?
Hmmm, if it happens, easy enough to replace with something more durable like the red vinyl tape which is probably a better idea in hindsight. I think I had some too. [headslap]

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #52
Wow, you really bent it? Really sorry about that. I tested mine by kicking and stomping on it with my heavy work boots and never had a problem. You should be able to easily bent it back on a flat surface.

OP
no-pistons

no-pistons

Thread Starter #53
Maybe we can get some pedals to match as the dead pedal is far better looking!
Haha good one! My arm is still numb from pumping the press to dimple all those holes, but I'll definitely look into to it to see if I can come up with something.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Haha good one! My arm is still numb from pumping the press to dimple all those holes, but I'll definitely look into to it to see if I can come up with something.
No-piston would you mind showing us the process? I'm always intrigued how things are created lol

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Much better looking that the stock ones here, I am interested to find out as well or get custom ones from no-pistons.

Pedals are usually made with a rubber backing that slips over, with sometimes considerable effort, metal plates on the arms so making them aftermarket might be tough to do.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Wow, you really bent it? Really sorry about that. I tested mine by kicking and stomping on it with my heavy work boots and never had a problem. You should be able to easily bent it back on a flat surface.
Yeah. It's not your fault though, no worries. I apparently push on the dead pedal to get my butt all the way back in the seat and I just so happen to put my toe in the middle of that pedal cover. It flexed (I'm 225lbs) and bent a bit. It's not the end of the world. It still protects the carpet there that was already showing wear after only 1300 miles!

SICKESSS-ST

I agree, a full set would be awesome. Hopefully "no-pistons" will come up with something. I would rather pay for something made by one of our member here in the US rather than something from overseas.

Status
Not open for further replies.