Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SLD Custom Stainless Steel Fiesta ST Dead Pedals

Trader history for no-pistons (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine today too! Haven't installed because I'm debating in whether or not to put the red under the st logo.

Little rough around the edges up close but great from far away!

Decided on the red.

Used a thin pice or red plastic from an ice cream container. Figure this way if it ever gets wet it won't get ruined. Please excuse the dirt. It's been raining every day here.

I've had mine since last week and I'm trying to figure out what material to use for the red logo. I'm about to head out of the office for cold calls so I might stop by a Hobby Lobby and see what they have. I'm still brainstorming alternatives to the carpet tape.

I've had mine since last week and I'm trying to figure out what material to use for the red logo. I'm about to head out of the office for cold calls so I might stop by a Hobby Lobby and see what they have. I'm still brainstorming alternatives to the carpet tape.
I like the plastic I used because it has a glossy finish. However because it's slightly thicker than the carpet tape the pedal didn't stick very well. I may remove it and try some sort of Velcro or something if it starts falling off.

Industrial velcro sounds like a good idea. That way you can pull it off and vacuum behind it when you vacuum the car's interior.

Industrial velcro sounds like a good idea. That way you can pull it off and vacuum behind it when you vacuum the car's interior.
True. And it will make it easier to clean the pedal if it gets dirty. Something I'll have to consider changing next time I'm vacuuming. Assuming the Velcro holds it well enough.

put a small piece of the red paper that came with the 3M 2 sided tape =P
I thought about something like that, but I really need a lamination machine to keep the paper from looking like hell after I run and jump in the car when it's raining.

After having the pedal for what seems like a month I finally got it installed. I was pondering other options on how to install it without using the carpet tape. I either ran across it or suggested velcro earlier in the post. So today I stopped by a Lowes (while working of course) and picked up some industrial strength velcro. I attached the "stiff" velcro to the pedal and the carpet in the car acts as the "soft" velcro. Right now it seems to be working rather well. If that changes though I'll keep the rest of you informed. With this setup I can still remove the pedal to vacuum the carpet behind the pedal when I do the rest of the interior.

IMG_1606W.jpg

IMG_1608W.jpg

IMG_1610W.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.