Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Dublin
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth in Ruin View Post
    Okay, now that I’ve figured out the Pierce brace(s) I’m going with, I have to figure out what tune file types to order. I’m getting the free 91 flash tune, and buying the E30 tune as an add-on.

The way I understand it is: single file (or separate files?) means I’d have to reflash every time I switch between my 91, and E30 tune. And if I get a combo file I can switch the tune(s) on the fly. I’m I missing something?

Does anyone have any suggestions on what would be the best option for this? Thanks in advance.
    I just got a Stratified tune recently so I can help. First, if your premium fuel is 91 octane, buy the 91 tune, but if it is 93 octane, buy a 93 tune. A 93 tune will give you better performance, but in some places like California, only 91 is widely available. Here in Ohio, it is all 93. With that said, I would highly recommend an E30 tune if you have access to E85 fuel near you. You achieve E30 by blending E85 and 93 (or 91). Stratified gives you a chart with guidance on achieving the E30 number. It is easy. It runs much stronger on E30 than on straight 93. Although it increases the cost of the tune, buy a single file combo tune, not multiple files. A tune file has up to 5 "slots," and you can switch among slots on the go with your cruise control buttons. If you buy multiple files, a new file must be loaded into the ecu via the AP each time you change files. This takes several minutes of sitting around and can only be done with the AP connected. You can switch slots on the go even if the AP is not connected. I bought a single combo file with a 93 slot, an E30 slot, a 93 eco slot with boost capped at 15 psi (which I use until the engine oil temp comes up), an E30 eco slot (15 psi boost cap), and a valet slot which limits rpms to 3000. Slot switching in a single combo file is the coolest stuff ever.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Toyota 4Runner (dd and winter)
    Harley Davidson Road King (very built)
    Ducati Multistrada
    Vespa gts250

Senior Member 746 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Lincoln
    State
    NE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by apex1 View Post
    I just got a Stratified tune recently so I can help. First, if your premium fuel is 91 octane, buy the 91 tune, but if it is 93 octane, buy a 93 tune. A 93 tune will give you better performance, but in some places like California, only 91 is widely available. Here in Ohio, it is all 93. With that said, I would highly recommend an E30 tune if you have access to E85 fuel near you. You achieve E30 by blending E85 and 93 (or 91). Stratified gives you a chart with guidance on achieving the E30 number. It is easy. It runs much stronger on E30 than on straight 93. Although it increases the cost of the tune, buy a single file combo tune, not multiple files. A tune file has up to 5 "slots," and you can switch among slots on the go with your cruise control buttons. If you buy multiple files, a new file must be loaded into the ecu via the AP each time you change files. This takes several minutes of sitting around and can only be done with the AP connected. You can switch slots on the go even if the AP is not connected. I bought a single combo file with a 93 slot, an E30 slot, a 93 eco slot with boost capped at 15 psi (which I use until the engine oil temp comes up), an E30 eco slot (15 psi boost cap), and a valet slot which limits rpms to 3000. Slot switching in a single combo file is the coolest stuff ever.
    Very detailed. Thanks for your help, and time!
    2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST- His
    2017 Magnetic Gray Fiesta ST- Hers
    2003 Mustang GT 5-speed - Whoever’s

Senior Member 746 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    Lincoln
    State
    NE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

@apex1

Thanks for your help. We only have 91, and E85 where I live, but I decided to add the 93 tune because it’s only an additional $15. So now I’ll have 91, 93, and E30 tunes.

Now I can’t decide if I should order Strat’s traction control as ON by default, or OFF by default. If it’s quick, and easy to turn off, I’ll just order it ON by default, but if it’s somewhat of a hassle, I’d rather order it OFF by default.

If anyone has experience with this option- please feel free to chime in. Thanks!
    2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST- His
    2017 Magnetic Gray Fiesta ST- Hers
    2003 Mustang GT 5-speed - Whoever’s

Senior Member 671 Rep Points jeff's Avatar

Medals
    City
    Evans
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth in Ruin View Post
    @apex1

Thanks for your help. We only have 91, and E85 where I live, but I decided to add the 93 tune because it’s only an additional $15. So now I’ll have 91, 93, and E30 tunes.

Now I can’t decide if I should order Strat’s traction control as ON by default, or OFF by default. If it’s quick, and easy to turn off, I’ll just order it ON by default, but if it’s somewhat of a hassle, I’d rather order it OFF by default.

If anyone has experience with this option- please feel free to chime in. Thanks!
    I’ve tried all these options with stratified. After about a week the TC becomes a pain to switch every time. If I were you I’d pay for both tunes and then decide which one you like and keep it loaded. In either case you can turn it on or off. I do think the TC is a must for these levels of torque. Iirc they have an option that limits torque in 1st and 2nd gear which makes the car far more driveable. I did that on my custom tune when I was stock turbo and it was way better than spinning tires every time I barely touched the throttle. People say you can control that with your right foot but with weather or cold tires or any other number of variables it is a very inefficient and inconsistent way to manage the over abundance of torque and resulting traction issues in the first two gears.

If you want PM me and I’ll send you my number and we can talk, it would be easier to relay info if you have more questions about all of these options.
    Hey, check out my build thread!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12