Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

VTT X Panda Motorworks Cast Fiesta ST Turbo upgrade

I heard someone thats running the fiesta version of this turbo is having issues. When are you guys going to post about that? Is not like all 9 RS turbos failed or anything like that

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

felopr

I heard someone thats running the fiesta version of this turbo is having issues. When are you guys going to post about that? Is not like all 9 RS turbos failed or anything like that

If the product not out yet to the public and the only one that has it is the "panda shop car"
how you heard someone is having problems with the product
:confused:

User name

“Having an issue already with the Vargas turbo. The vband holding it together wasn’t tight, and it’s leaking oil. Hoping that tightening the vband solves the issue, and that the seals haven’t failed already’-the guy who is actually testing the turbo.

Relevant enough for ya cupcake?

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
It be great if we could get a mod to purge this thread, and only keep relevant information about the new turbo.
We can do it but only at the request of the vendor.

slopoke

“Having an issue already with the Vargas turbo. The vband holding it together wasn’t tight, and it’s leaking oil. Hoping that tightening the vband solves the issue, and that the seals haven’t failed already’-the guy who is actually testing the turbo.

To be fair. Reading about VTTO on different websites, the outfit comes across to me as iffy. I don't think I'll be spending my money there and I live 15 minutes away from that shop.

It would be nice to know from whom the first hand information is from and a link to any message board or FaceBook posts regarding the issue with the turbo.

Reading a quote with no verifiable information makes me skeptical of your post. Anyone can claim anything online, that however does not make it true.

To be fair. Reading about VTTO on different websites, the outfit comes across to me as iffy. I don't think I'll be spending my money there and I live 15 minutes away from that shop.

It would be nice to know from whom the first hand information is from and a link to any message board or FaceBook posts regarding the issue with the turbo.

Reading a quote with no verifiable information makes me skeptical of your post. Anyone can claim anything online, that however does not make it true.

slopoke

Yes and what does that mean to me? I don't know the poster of the rumor and I don't know you. Just because someone makes a quote that someone, has an issue with the Fiesta ST turbo does not make it true.

Now if there were pictures of the issue, I would tend to believe the statement. Or if the tester, Panda Motorworks made that statement, I would believe it. The statement just said "the guy who is actually testing the turbo", not Panda Motorworks or not posted under their username. Plus a tester is not going to publicly come out and make that statement, all that will do is piss off the manufacturer and for them to lose business. I would not allow someone badmouthing my product to sell it. For all I know, they may have a fantastic product, only time will tell.

I've never dealt with VTTO, never been to the shop and don't know the owner. Just calling B.S to the rumor of the oil leak.

Yes and what does that mean to me? I don't know the poster of the rumor and I don't know you. Just because someone makes a quote that someone, has an issue with the Fiesta ST turbo does not make it true.

Now if there were pictures of the issue, I would tend to believe the statement. Or if the tester, Panda Motorworks made that statement, I would believe it. The statement just said "the guy who is actually testing the turbo", not Panda Motorworks or not posted under their username. Plus a tester is not going to publicly come out and make that statement, all that will do is piss off the manufacturer and for them to lose business. I would not allow someone badmouthing my product to sell it. For all I know, they may have a fantastic product, only time will tell.

I've never dealt with VTTO, never been to the shop and don't know the owner. Just calling B.S to the rumor of the oil leak.

The tester absolutely made that statement, it’s a screenshot from a Facebook discussion group he’s in. So are several other people commenting on this thread.

I would Think the person who installed the turbo would double check to make sure that all fasteners and bolts were tight before the install.... If the seals have failed that is a different story.. Stop assuming before there is hard evidence of actual a seal failure or other issues....

OP
VargasTurboTech
Thread Starter #113
A direct message from Panda. So exactly how are we responsible for someone leaving a V-band loose? Also depending on what V-band was left loose it can quickly damage or destroy a turbo. Pinged Panda for more info, just waiting to hear back.

Panda.JPG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
A direct message from Panda. So exactly how are we responsible for someone leaving a V-band loose? Also depending on what V-band was left loose it can quickly damage or destroy a turbo. Pinged Panda for more info, just waiting to hear back.

View attachment 17596
I would just ignore these guys for the time being until we have some results. Would you be able to ask Panda to update this thread occasionally in addition to Facebook? Facebook tends to require additional time to cut through all the bullshit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 17596
No one was blaming anyone? I was basically saying if Panda or whoever installed the turbo it should have been QC before installing it since it is a prototype... Which means double checking EVERYTING Before installing it.... I'm all for this upgrade and want to see it available very soon!!! I have been following it since Day one!! and cant stand all the negativity
people are saying before its even off the ground yet..

I would just ignore these guys for the time being until we have some results. Would you be able to ask Panda to update this thread occasionally in addition to Facebook? Facebook tends to require additional time to cut through all the bullshit.

This is the second time you have posted this in reference to my post what's you point?

No one was blaming anyone? I was basically saying if Panda or whoever installed the turbo it should have been QC before installing it since it is a prototype... Which means double checking EVERYTING Before installing it.... I'm all for this upgrade and want to see it available very soon!!! I have been following it since Day one!! and cant stand all the negativity
people are saying before its even off the ground yet..
Swap, I think they are both referring to the posts above yours. Your post is pretty inline with everything they are saying. I don’t think they are replying to you at all.

This is the second time you have posted this in reference to my post what's you point?
Ok cool thank you for clearing that up! I really want to see the results of this Turbo and see what it can actually do! Its a prototype and things happen on preproduction units.. Since I've been following this post from the very beginning most people have been so negative about it... I say lets see what it does good or bad then go from there!

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ok cool thank you for clearing that up! I really want to see the results of this Turbo and see what it can actually do! Its a prototype and things happen on preproduction units.. Since I've been following this post from the very beginning most people have been so negative about it... I say lets see what it does good or bad then go from there!
Yeah, sorry - that wasn’t towards you. I am also looking forward to seeing some results.

I just wish Panda would post something formal in this thread rather than just updating Facebook.