Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pro Tunes/Best Tuner??

Looking to finally grab a protune for the car. But id like to hear what every ones take is, on the best tuner. An maybe some if any feedback you may have on experience and result of tune.

Thanks Scott

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Alex (or anyone really) @ stratified
Randy @ mountune
?? @ tune+

I have heard lots of good from the above. (not saying others aren't good, I just have a limited data set)

Edit for more info:
Stratified gives a bit of a discount on a canned/pro tune w/ purchase of accessport.
Mountune gives a FREE protune w/ purchase of a accessport.
Tune+ has the ability to purchase a lifetime tune (great if you want to mix up parts / fuels)

Last edited:
OP
F
Thread Starter #4
Alex (or anyone really) @ stratified
Randy @ mountune
?? @ tune+

I have heard lots of good from the above. (not saying others aren't good, I just have a limited data set)

Edit for more info:
Stratified gives a bit of a discount on a canned/pro tune w/ purchase of accessport.
Mountune gives a FREE protune w/ purchase of a accessport.
Tune+ has the ability to purchase a lifetime tune (great if you want to mix up parts / fuels)
Does Adam at Tune+ do basic setups outside of E30? Im already equipped with an Accessport, but tired of OTS tunes

redmoe

I have tunes from both Jason @ Dizzy and Stratified. Both are excellent but I am getting better results from the Dizzy tune. Also for the extra $25 that the Dizzy tune costs you get a log review. Either way you won’t be disappointed.

OP
F
Thread Starter #7
I have tunes from both Jason @ Dizzy and Stratified. Both are excellent but I am getting better results from the Dizzy tune. Also for the extra $25 that the Dizzy tune costs you get a log review. Either way you won’t be disappointed.
What kind of boost results you seeing in that heat of PHO? Intercooler?

redmoe

Haven’t run in the summer yet but installed a whoosh fmic just to be safe lol.

I want to hop in and recommend Ryan @ PD Tuning. I've been PD tuned since my MS3 days and I'd honestly never consider anyone else. Going from Cobb OTS stage 1 to Ryan's base tune was literally night and day. Power, drivability, AFRs, everything just on point. Ryan is a genius when it comes to Ecoboosts, MazdaSpeed MZR, BMWs, VWs, etc.....

They even have a tune for life package now I think where no matter what you add, you just ask for revisions and you've got it.

I am running Stratified E30 and 93 tunes, depending on the availability of E85 when I buy fuel. I see peak boost numbers of about 26.5 psi. I am wondering what peak boost numbers other people are seeing with tuners other than Stratified.

I am running Stratified E30 and 93 tunes, depending on the availability of E85 when I buy fuel. I see peak boost numbers of about 26.5 psi. I am wondering what peak boost numbers other people are seeing with tuners other than Stratified.
PSI is a measure of resistance in the intake system after the turbo so depending on your mods you will all hit different PSI's.

Any tuner on this site seems to have good experience. I think it all comes down to personal preferences and cost.

I'm on a Stratified 93 flash tune and I can get into mid 25s. I don't think I've seen 26s. Do you only see that when running the E30 tune?

I'm on a Stratified 93 flash tune and I can get into mid 25s. I don't think I've seen 26s. Do you only see that when running the E30 tune?
I don't know since I am pretty much always running E30 since I got the tune. Maybe next time my tank is empty I will add several gallons of 93 and check, before I add the E85 to the tank.

redmoe

On my 91 Stratified tune I was in the mid 25psi. Before the fmic my e30 was hitting mid 26psi.

A7xogg

you got jst performance, stratified, tune+, pd tuning, dizzy tuning, panda, freaktune that seem to be popular. you should research them all.

OP
F
Thread Starter #20
I don't know since I am pretty much always running E30 since I got the tune. Maybe next time my tank is empty I will add several gallons of 93 and check, before I add the E85 to the tank.
How do you like running that daily? I was hesitant other than being able to mix a tank to dump in (for like track days) because, fuck math lol.