Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pro Tunes/Best Tuner??

Hey, so I got a Stage 2 93 oct tune from him. It's $75 with a free adjustment after a datalog after 100mi. I got it for free because I let him borrow my AEM CAI for testing.

So, this is my first flash tune and I don't have any other tunes to compare to besides the Cobb OTS. I can say that I feel the differences most noticeable in 3rd and 4th gear. I'm pretty sure it comes from how much longer Dizzy's tune holds boost.

On Cobb's OTS 4th didn't feel as "strong" after shifting from 3rd to 4th. I don't really feel a dip after the tune.

I have two imperfect logs I took. These were taken on different days. I don't remember the temps or humidity, so these logs will have a lot of %error. Dizzy's tune was also with a stock airbox with drop in filter as I lent him my CAI.

Here is Cobb OTS:

https://datazap.me/u/tanaboon/log-1520578887?log=1&data=2-5-10-12&trim=2&tmin=100.00&tmax=100.00

Here is Dizzy's:

https://datazap.me/u/tanaboon/log-1520904722?log=1&data=2-5-10-12&trim=2&tmin=100.00&tmax=100.00

On Dizzy's log, Waze gave me a police alert which is why I let of the throttle early. Maybe that can attest to how much quicker I accelerated [emoji14]

So, from these you can see that on Cobb's, the boost doesn't build as smoothly. The boost maxes at about 22.9ish (It doesn't hold there long) and drops below 22 at 4300 rpm.

For Dizzy's tune, the boost builds smoothly and holds well until 4300rpm. Boost also increases to the mid to high 23's. It holds longer as well.

When it gets nice out and my car isn't covered in 1 foot of snow, I will take more logs. These logs have a lot of variation between intakes, outside temperature, and humidity.

After I got my intake back from Jason and put it in, WOW, my car was a lot more fun to drive. I will definitely take logs of this on a nicer day.

Also, when you buy from Dizzy Tuning, you're also getting awesome customer service. Jason answered my questions via text/e-mail within 24 hours. After I popped a CEL from my catted DP, he sent me a fix that same day.

TL;DR: I'm very happy with my tune and I'd like to provide more accurate logs to prove it. The most noticeable part of this tune is the boost. And we all love boost.

-Tanaboon

OP
F
Thread Starter #26
Tanaboon awesome stuff here my dude. Thanks for dropping some real world data on us! Ive always heard that about the Cobb OTS maps and its quite noticeable from the drivers seat. I cant wait! I may just drop the hammer on tunes this week with the weather looking up here in Michigan

Food to thought here , I know that we are asking Who/Whom is the best/knowledgeable Tuner, but what about basic customer service/communication/updates? based on the research that I have done on this site and tuners site/ a couple of exchanged e-mails, purchasing the product, in my case I'm disappointed. Perhaps my expectations are to high, but wait 5 days for a template/scripted/automation e-mail response leave a lot to be desired. I understand if you Analyzing logs and making custom changes, Software Engineering , Development/Testing. But when is nothing custom about your set-up and as a vendor you have seem perhaps every bolt on combination that is possible for our cars and you just gonna pick a file from your software repository, attached and e-mail, it should be better communication/turn around. Just my 2 cents.

Food to thought here , I know that we are asking Who/Whom is the best/knowledgeable Tuner, but what about basic customer service/communication/updates? based on the research that I have done on this site and tuners site/ a couple of exchanged e-mails, purchasing the product, in my case I'm disappointed. Perhaps my expectations are to high, but wait 5 days for a template/scripted/automation e-mail response leave a lot to be desired. I understand if you Analyzing logs and making custom changes, Software Engineering , Development/Testing. But when is nothing custom about your set-up and as a vendor you have seem perhaps every bolt on combination that is possible for our cars and you just gonna pick a file from your software repository, attached and e-mail, it should be better communication/turn around. Just my 2 cents.
If you had any idea with the number of emails these guys get about tunes in progress and people wanting new tunes, you would realize why it takes long to a reply.
These guys do not have administrative assistants to help them respond and remind them who hasn't been dealt with. The fastest way to get a tune is to book a Dyno tune with one of them.

Be patient, persistent and polite if you are going the e-tune route.

It's easy for you to say there is a better way for them to implement their business when you don't know what they go through.

"It's easy for you to say there is a better way for them to implement their business when you don't know what they go through. "

is that was necessary? you dont even know who sold me the tune or my background? feel free to PM if you feel the need to express anything else.

"It's easy for you to say there is a better way for them to implement their business when you don't know what they go through. "

is that was necessary? you dont even know who sold me the tune or my background? feel free to PM if you feel the need to express anything else.
I was trying to focus on how you mentioned they should have better communication and turn around. These guys are busy. That's all I meant.

lol... "PM if you feel the need to express anything else." It's a forum dude... people have opinions it's okay.

I think most of here will think the tuner we selected is the "best," though i'm not sure what the OP means by "best.". A few people here might have experience with multiple tuners, but even then, unless they were running the latest versions of each tuner's tune, then comparisons might not be totally valid. For example, I have Stratifed 93 and E30 tunes and I will tell you that there is no doubt that Stratified is the best tuner for our cars on the planet. Period. Case closed. How much experience do I have with other tuners? Uh, none. But in my opinion, Stratified is the best!!! See how it works?

I think most of here will think the tuner we selected is the "best," though i'm not sure what the OP means by "best.". A few people here might have experience with multiple tuners, but even then, unless they were running the latest versions of each tuner's tune, then comparisons might not be totally valid. For example, I have Stratifed 93 and E30 tunes and I will tell you that there is no doubt that Stratified is the best tuner for our cars on the planet. Period. Case closed. How much experience do I have with other tuners? Uh, none. But in my opinion, Stratified is the best!!! See how it works?
The best tuner is the one you can get a hold of all the time :p

The best tuner is the one you can get a hold of all the time :p
I would have to mostly agree with this. Many tuners all attend the same EFI training courses, and there's only so many ways to tune a particular engine (with success). But having a tuner that is responsive and answers questions within reason is just as important in my opinion between the big names since all of their tunes are going to perform mostly the same, especially at WOT.