Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member 31 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Gatineau
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by apex1 View Post
    I have a Stratified tune with 2 eco slots (93 and E30) and the standard Stratified eco tunes are limited to 15 psi of boost, not 5 psi. The Cobb tune notes written by Will Trang state that economy boost is limited to 8 psi, which is a lot less than my Stratified tunes, but still not as low as the 5 PSI the OP is seeing. Of course, you can have the tune custom altered to limit boost to 5 psi, and other tuners might do other things.
    Hum, interesting, I thought I had seen 5 PSI somewhere and I had my readings matching that. Though my readings are not matching what I should have in power map. It should be around 21.5PSI per Cobb on stage 2, but I barely get over 20. Power figures and butt dyno feels much better than stock though and even the estimated HP and TQ are around and even higher than their max dyno gain figures, so that's good. I wonder if the reading is a little bit off somehow?
    2014 Tuxedo Black
    Power
    Cobb Stage 2 | K&N drop-in filter | Mishimoto J-line intercooler | Velossa Big Mouth
    Handling
    AWR 88a RMM | TB Performance stage 3
    Style
    LED fog lights | LED inside lights | Shorty antenna | Red plastidip: Cup spoiler Bottom rear diffuser Mirror caps | Black plastidip : Stock wheels

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Dublin
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your tune is set at 21.5 psi max and you are seeing over 20, that is surely within the accepted margin. Tune specs will often state that max boost achievable is +/- 1.5 psi from the value indicated in the tune specifications.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Toyota 4Runner (dd and winter)
    Harley Davidson Road King (very built)
    Ducati Multistrada
    Vespa gts250

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Lumberton
    State
    MS
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalter View Post
    Being stuck at 5PSI really sounds like being on the eco map as, if I remember right, it limits boost to 5PSI.

With cruise control off, press the cancel button. The RPM gauge will go to either 1 or 2 depending on the map it's on. 1 being power and 2 being eco (that's for the OTS Cobb map, different for other tunes). Switch between them with cruise up and cruise down, you'll see the needle go between 1 and 2 doing that. You have only a few seconds after pressing cancel to switch the maps, but you can do it as often as you want.

You can also check and switch them in the AP.

I have not got any surge on my 2014 sonce I've had it for a year, but I built it up to stage 2 from stock myself, so who knows what your previous owner did that might cause that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk
    This was the problem!!! Thank you so much for that. Blows my mind that they make it so easy to change, that it can be done on accident. Thank you guys so much. I guess now I will try and diagnose the surging issues.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Lumberton
    State
    MS
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by apex1 View Post
    I have a Stratified tune with 2 eco slots (93 and E30) and the standard Stratified eco tunes are limited to 15 psi of boost, not 5 psi. The Cobb tune notes written by Will Trang state that economy boost is limited to 8 psi, which is a lot less than my Stratified tunes, but still not as low as the 5 PSI the OP is seeing. Of course, you can have the tune custom altered to limit boost to 5 psi, and other tuners might do other things.

Also, the "flutter" reported by the OP is an issue that GFB valve users have reported here, particularly when the piston builds up some crud. Cleaning the piston and lubricating it with a very coating of lightweight synthetic oil has been reported to fix it. That's why it might be a good idea to take a look and see if the OEM diverter valve has been changed.
    Thanks for the tip! Will look into that this weekend for sure

Member 81 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Orange
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've accidentally left my car in Eco mode before. If I'm commuting, I want to keep my car on Stage 2 so I can cut and thrust in traffic. But, I put it in Eco mode for long boring highway trips. A few days ago I was trying to get around a Corolla and didn't have boost. Left it in Eco, oops..

Member 95 Rep Points Spaceman_Spiff's Avatar

Medals
    City
    JeffCo
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kalter View Post
    I believe we are both right...
    Heh. Oops, sorry to add any confusion.
    '16 FiST: White Platinum, Black wheels.

Member 97 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Menifee
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I did it once. There was a 6 car wreck on my way to work and I got stuck in traffic for an extra hour. Once I cleared it I went to take off and the car felt like a reg fiesta lol. I was on the phone with my wife and thought that I switched maps but didn't know how at the time. Asked her to look it up and in 2 minutes the fiesta turned back into a fist. Now I change all the time. Eco for long stretches of the freeway and performance everywhere els.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12