Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

16 Likes

Thread: Three Year Owner Review

Member 81 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Orange
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

11 Likes

Three Year Owner Review

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I've had my car for three years now as of next week. I was going through anything I thought might need to be addressed by the dealer before I lose the 3/36 warranty, and thinking about my owner experience so far.

In three years and about 33,000 miles, I've never had to take the car in for any repairs. I guess I got a good one. The only thing that has actually broken was the passenger door window switch. Rather than go through the hassle of the dealer for warranty repair, I opted to buy a new switch for $11 and spend 20 minutes replacing it myself.

I have seen a slight sweat of moisture around my axle seals, but not to the degree that the dealer would probably replace them, and that will be covered through 60k anyway.

I drive too fast, drive hard, and have "money-shifted" the thing twice with no bad results, other than a bit of clutch smell. The car has been on Cobb Stage 2 since 10k miles. I plan to keep the car for many more years, and don't want to deal with the smog problems in California if I put on a downpipe and go Stage 3 - I've had enough of the "I have a guy" issues from my modded Mustangs. Replaced the brakes at 20k, and original tires are still alive and are now being used for track days. I've done oil changes at 5k, and replaced the trans fluid at 30k.

And best of all, coming from a long line of V8 Mustangs before this car, I can honestly say that I still get a grin every time I drive this little car.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Brownstown Twp
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Glad to hear your positive review, as I plan on keeping mine a looong time.
    "Saving an animal won't change the world,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but for the animal, the world changes forever" Humane Society
    Shadow Black '16
    215/45/17 General A/S
    Stratified 93
    K&N Drop In
    Cobb RMM
    De-Badged
    Tint
    SKUNK

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Winkler
    Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a year in (30,000 miles in my ownership already) and this is only the second car I've kept this long without wanting to switch things up. Good to hear that other people feel the same way about the thing!

Member 29 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Cleveland
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a little over 3 years in and about 33k miles too. The only thing I've had to get repaired was a hood latch that kept setting the alarm off. Other than that it's only been maintenance. New tires and brakes last summer.

It's been tuned since about 1k miles and had the x47 turbo for almost a year now. Hopefully it continues to hold up! Lol

Senior Member 480 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Blaine
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm at the 36k Mark now...did axles seals and replaced the trans due to a bearing failure of some nature. But other than that I'd say it's been a great car...did brakes at 27k with 25% left in front and 40% in back. New tires on my wheels this spring after they come back from powder coating! Keep an eye out for pics soon!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points  
    City
    Flower Mound
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Gone in 60 View Post
    I've had my car for three years now as of next week. I was going through anything I thought might need to be addressed by the dealer before I lose the 3/36 warranty, and thinking about my owner experience so far.

In three years and about 33,000 miles, I've never had to take the car in for any repairs. I guess I got a good one. The only thing that has actually broken was the passenger door window switch. Rather than go through the hassle of the dealer for warranty repair, I opted to buy a new switch for $11 and spend 20 minutes replacing it myself.

I have seen a slight sweat of moisture around my axle seals, but not to the degree that the dealer would probably replace them, and that will be covered through 60k anyway.

I drive too fast, drive hard, and have "money-shifted" the thing twice with no bad results, other than a bit of clutch smell. The car has been on Cobb Stage 2 since 10k miles. I plan to keep the car for many more years, and don't want to deal with the smog problems in California if I put on a downpipe and go Stage 3 - I've had enough of the "I have a guy" issues from my modded Mustangs. Replaced the brakes at 20k, and original tires are still alive and are now being used for track days. I've done oil changes at 5k, and replaced the trans fluid at 30k.

And best of all, coming from a long line of V8 Mustangs before this car, I can honestly say that I still get a grin every time I drive this little car.

I've had mine for about 3.25 yrs and have had absolutely no probs; it's a weekend driver so I only have about 9750 miles on the little beast. It's still a lot of fun and still smells like new (garaged when not in use). Not much on the mods - have the basic Mountune air upgrade and replaced all the lights (inside and out) w/ Diode Dynamics products (including the switchback turn signals); have a Boomba shift knob and installed a dead pedal - that's about it. I plan on keeping her for years to come - it's great for putting a weekend smile on my face.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    Fort Wayne
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Thanks for sharing all you guys!
    2017 Fiesta ST
    2016 CRF250L
    2014 Evolution GSR
    1991 Eclipse GS

Member 197 Rep Points

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Sheboygan
    State
    WI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm gonnna be at 3 years in a few days. I'm at like 67k and still love the car. Only issues I have had is a bad trans which was my fault and a spring broke in the drivers seat back. Oh and worn out motor mounts. My car has been autocrossed a good amount since new has taken its fair share of abuse. I hope to pick up an 2018 later in year to replace this one before I can't get another.