Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Question on Blue FiSts

So I'm in the market for a FiSt but I think I'm Kind of set on a blue one...no reason other than I think the color reflects the fun nature of the car.

Anyways, I'm in Canada and I don't believe the FiSt has been offered in Blue for a couple eyars...nor was it a popular color when available (judging from what I've seen on used car sites).

But does anyone know where i would find what Blues were available (in Canada) and what years they were available?

I know there's Kona and performance blue (maybe they were offered up until 2015)? and Spirit blue was offered on the UK cars (but maybe Spirit blue was just another name for Kona or Performance blue).

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I believe Spirit Blue is Performance Blue or at least very close to it. Performance Blue was a Notprth American color offered in 2014 amd 2015. It is a a nice shade of Blue in the sunlight that looks quite good on the FiST. Out of sunlight it shifts twoards a light very light purplish blue.
I absoultely love it as a color and if I could order one new in that color would in a heartbeat. I have looked at the low mileage used market all over the United States both on Cargurus and Autotrader annot found more than about 44 for sale. This is doing a nationwide search.

Kona Blue was a 2016 color only and is even less common. It is a darker Blue outside the sunlight that shifts towards a darker Purplish Blue in Sunligt. I found it shifted to much to the darker Purple side for my preference in the sunlight. Finding a clean low mileage Kona Blue would be easier possibly because its a 2 year old vs a 3 year old car.

That said I am most likely about to order a brand new Orange Spice 2018 because I would like Smoke Storm Recaros amd finding 2017's in Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaros the pickings are slim and far away from me.

All said and done its really down to how long you want to hold out and wait. If your willing to wait you may indeed get actly what you want or you might be sitting around waiting when you could be driving a new car.
It is this reason I am most likely placing my order tomorrow.

FYI I like the Orange Spice a lot and I use to own a Orange 240z, which was vey similar to the Orange Spice in color tone. Blue is my favorite color thoug , but I am afraid the Blue FiST train has left the station for me.

OP
C
Thread Starter #4
I believe Spirit Blue is Performance Blue or at least very close to it. Performance Blue was a Notprth American color offered in 2014 amd 2015. It is a a nice shade of Blue in the sunlight that looks quite good on the FiST. Out of sunlight it shifts twoards a light very light purplish blue.
I absoultely love it as a color and if I could order one new in that color would in a heartbeat. I have looked at the low mileage used market all over the United States both on Cargurus and Autotrader annot found more than about 44 for sale. This is doing a nationwide search.

Kona Blue was a 2016 color only and is even less common. It is a darker Blue outside the sunlight that shifts towards a darker Purplish Blue in Sunligt. I found it shifted to much to the darker Purple side for my preference in the sunlight. Finding a clean low mileage Kona Blue would be easier possibly because its a 2 year old vs a 3 year old car.

That said I am most likely about to order a brand new Orange Spice 2018 because I would like Smoke Storm Recaros amd finding 2017's in Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaros the pickings are slim and far away from me.

All said and done its really down to how long you want to hold out and wait. If your willing to wait you may indeed get actly what you want or you might be sitting around waiting when you could be driving a new car.

FYI I like the Orange Spice a lot and I use to own a Orange 240z, which was vey similar to the Orange Spice in color tone. Blue is my favorite color thoug , but I am afraid the Blue FiST train has left the station for me.
Thanks very much for the great info! Kona blue does look cool but darker than I'm looking for. I think Performance blue is the way to go for me.

As you said, i will have to hold out for one to hit the market in my area but I do have my fingers crossed.

Just on a side note...do all ears of the FiST have folding flat rear seats?? I've seen some reviews (looking at different years) some seemed to fold flat and some didn't (creating a big lip between the rear cargo area the the area above the rear folded flat seats)....I couldn't tell from the you tube reviews if the reviewed/auto journalist knew what they were doing.

THis would be a big deal for me as I want the usable cargo space.

Don't know if this helps you since you're looking at buying a new car and would be interested in what your purchase price would be.

I just went on the "Build and Price" ford.ca for my area - Looks like a grey Fists with al the options minus sunroof would run $28k w/o taxes and available financing between 3 and 4%

Canadian PB here, they exists!

The floor of the cargo is just a piece of fabric covered particle board that can be lowered. The discrepancy in the reviews you saw is probably due to this. In the standard high position, it is higher than the folded down seats. In the low position it sits on the spare tire and you gain a whole lot more space. I keep it like that year round. There are cargo mats for the regular Fiesta that fits in that position.

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
Canadian PB here, they exists!

The floor of the cargo is just a piece of fabric covered particle board that can be lowered. The discrepancy in the reviews you saw is probably due to this. In the standard high position, it is higher than the folded down seats. In the low position it sits on the spare tire and you gain a whole lot more space. I keep it like that year round. There are cargo mats for the regular Fiesta that fits in that position.
Thanks for the info! I thought thats what it might be but wasn't sure. GOing to do a local test drive this weekend with my SO. Hopefully she likes the car too!

Hey, you're correct. Performance blue shares the same paint code with Spirit blue. They're both L1. That's what the parts dept at my dealer told me. Spirit blue is the name for the color over in the UK.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Thanks very much for the great info! Kona blue does look cool but darker than I'm looking for. I think Performance blue is the way to go for me.

As you said, i will have to hold out for one to hit the market in my area but I do have my fingers crossed.

Just on a side note...do all ears of the FiST have folding flat rear seats?? I've seen some reviews (looking at different years) some seemed to fold flat and some didn't (creating a big lip between the rear cargo area the the area above the rear folded flat seats)....I couldn't tell from the you tube reviews if the reviewed/auto journalist knew what they were doing.

THis would be a big deal for me as I want the usable cargo space.

Don't know if this helps you since you're looking at buying a new car and would be interested in what your purchase price would be.

I just went on the "Build and Price" ford.ca for my area - Looks like a grey Fists with al the options minus sunroof would run $28k w/o taxes and available financing between 3 and 4%
After discounts I will be ordering a 2018 Orange Spice with smoke storm Recaros for $21735 without the Recaro's it would be $19840 . I think thats a pretty smoking price for a 2018 here in California and that is before tax and license.

Ya if i wanted to hold out and travel go WAshington state I could get a 2017 for $20750 with the Recaros , black wheels and nav and protection package. ( rubber floor lamts and car cover) It's just I don't really need those other options. I am getting different wheels in black. I could care less about nav and the protection package. Lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the info! I thought thats what it might be but wasn't sure. GOing to do a local test drive this weekend with my SO. Hopefully she likes the car too!
Make sure you press and hold down the traction control button beside the heated seats button to turn it off! One click puts it in sport and holding it down turns TC off (my salesmen did not even know this). The car definitely feels different, like the engine is more willing, more intake noises, goes into boost sooner. The TC on this car feels like it's preventative more so than reactionary to when you slip.

Good luck, you'll love it.

Make sure you get your SO to pretend to hate it so you can negotiate a better deal lol

OP
C
Thread Starter #10
THanks! I never would have known that!!

Crazy how it never came up during any of my extensive research. And good call on the SO - I'm sure she won't have any problem acting grumpy when I buy a new car!!

OP
C
Thread Starter #11
Make sure you press and hold down the traction control button beside the heated seats button to turn it off! One click puts it in sport and holding it down turns TC off (my salesmen did not even know this). The car definitely feels different, like the engine is more willing, more intake noises, goes into boost sooner. The TC on this car feels like it's preventative more so than reactionary to when you slip.

Good luck, you'll love it.

Make sure you get your SO to pretend to hate it so you can negotiate a better deal lol
I found one!!

Check it out: http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ford/Fiesta/Toronto/Ontario/5_37562239_/

What do you guys think? SHould I pull the trigger or should I have any concerns?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I found one!!

Check it out: http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Ford/Fiesta/Toronto/Ontario/5_37562239_/

What do you guys think? SHould I pull the trigger or should I have any concerns?
That car has 62,000 thousand miles on it roughly. Which means its actually worth about 10k . The limeage is ok as its about 15k a year but I think the price is high. I have seen private party ads here in California for cars with less that mileage for 10-12k.