Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Grille Shutters

I have read that our cars have active grille shutters that are opened and closed by the ecu. When I look down from the top of the radiator, I can open the top shutter and it does not feel like it is connected to anything. It is just hanging there loosely. Is this normal? My car is a 2017. Thanks.

HBEcoBeaST

I have read that our cars have active grille shutters that are opened and closed by the ecu. When I look down from the top of the radiator, I can open the top shutter and it does not feel like it is connected to anything. It is just hanging there loosely. Is this normal? My car is a 2017. Thanks.
I'm not 100% sure but I think active grill shutters are on the Focus ST not Fiesta ST.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I'm not 100% sure but I think active grill shutters are on the Focus ST not Fiesta ST.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
This is correct. The shutters on the FiST look like they operate when the car is moving at high speed, otherwise they stay closed.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Can someone post a photo of the "high-speed" passive grill shutters you guys are talking about? I had no idea this existed..

me32

1000 Post Club
They are actually those free moving hinged louvers in the fan shroud, NOT in any 'grille' per se. ;)
This is correct. We do not have active grill shutters. Also for performance you do not want them. It would effect cooling.