Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sirius XM + Android Auto

I'm not sure what's going on, but it's annoying.
2017 model with Sync 3

What I want to do sometimes, is have Android Auto running and Sirius XM playing. But this seems to be causing an issue. AA continues to run and display on the screen, but SXM keeps stopping. If I don't touch anything, it will usually start playing again after a few minutes. Sometimes I go back to Sync, and that starts Sirius again. Switch back to AA, and sometimes SXM keeps playing, other times it stops.

If I have AA on, but switch to Sync displayed(and don't go back to AA), turn on SXM, sometimes it stops playing and the AA button "highlights" like it's trying to take control again.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal behavior? Seems like I should be able to... do what I want... and have SXM playing while AA is displayed and running.

I also have a 2017 but I use Apple Carplay, so it does not really directly address your question. That said, I can connect my phone with a cable to the USB port in the console, and Carplay opens and the phone icons pop up on the touchscreen. I then turn on the audio and press the source button under the screen until one of the sirius sources shows on the screen. The satellite radio then plays. If I hit the Ford icon on the screen it goes to the Sync 3 home screen, then hit the box on the left side of the screen and the screen switches to a screen showing what is playing, with preset buttons showing and access to 2 more banks of presets, rewind functions, etc. But as I said, AA might work differently. It is flawless with Apple Carplay.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
I appreciate the input. I haven't tried using the source button. I'll have to play with that and see if anything is different.

Not addressing your problem, but an option to consider. I bought a couple of USB sticks, loaded close to 10,000 songs on them. Either just random play or I use voice activation to select a tune. Tracks were all ripped at bit rate of 192 kbps using WMA. Sound is as good as the stock system can reproduce. Free, no subscription rates as with Sirius which has a limited play list on most channels and terrible highly compressed sound.

I'm not sure what's going on, but it's annoying.
2017 model with Sync 3

What I want to do sometimes, is have Android Auto running and Sirius XM playing. But this seems to be causing an issue. AA continues to run and display on the screen, but SXM keeps stopping. If I don't touch anything, it will usually start playing again after a few minutes. Sometimes I go back to Sync, and that starts Sirius again. Switch back to AA, and sometimes SXM keeps playing, other times it stops.

If I have AA on, but switch to Sync displayed(and don't go back to AA), turn on SXM, sometimes it stops playing and the AA button "highlights" like it's trying to take control again.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this normal behavior? Seems like I should be able to... do what I want... and have SXM playing while AA is displayed and running.
I use AA along with SiriusXM. I do not have this problem. I will, however, be dumping SiriusXM once the trial ends. I have been a SiriusXM user for over 5 years, but find that AA with Pandora (free) is a better solution.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #6
My car did an update to 2.3 today as well. So far today, I haven't had the problem. Either I was doing something odd, or it didn't like v2.2 (so far).

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #7
Not addressing your problem, but an option to consider. I bought a couple of USB sticks, loaded close to 10,000 songs on them. Either just random play or I use voice activation to select a tune. Tracks were all ripped at bit rate of 192 kbps using WMA. Sound is as good as the stock system can reproduce. Free, no subscription rates as with Sirius which has a limited play list on most channels and terrible highly compressed sound.
True. I just want to use it while it's free though.

Sent from my G8142 using Tapatalk