Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official Ingot Silver Fiesta ST Picture Thread

This is my Fiesta ST. Current mods are ATP downpipe, BC coilover suspension, Boomba shift kit and transmission bushings, Cobb Accessport, SVT EAP rims and a drop-in green filter. I have other parts that I am considering.

View attachment 1894
View attachment 1895
View attachment 1896

Attachments

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club

Looks a bit different today, I drove to the city on my race tires and had 20% tint done all over including a windshield banner but darker on the sunroof.

---------------------

Great pics of Andy's car, thanks for posting:)

---------------------

Rick

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
I've always liked those SVT wheels and you make them look even better. Granted mine won't be lowered but with a 45 series tire it shouldn't look too bad. Do you happen to see the other style of that wheel on tire?

And what is your offse on those pro races? They look like they're poking like crazy!

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Those SVT wheels do look great, what are the specs on them, width, offset, weight?

----------

I have Konig Dial In, 15x9, 13lbs, roll formed, -1.5 rear, -2.5 front negative camber, rolled and pulled front, rolled rear fenders, the car is lower than it looks, the tires are not very tall, I might switch to the 245/50/15 RA1 DOT race tires instead of the 245/45/15 RA1 tires I have on right now.

4x100 bolt pattern change was one of the first mods I did so I could get cheap quality track wheels, roll formed which means very strong, for $126 per wheel! The 15x8 version is 12 lbs and around $119 or it might be $109 each. There are others available as well but some will not fit over my 11.75" BBK.

I can only lower the car around 1/4" more in the front or will go past the optimum for roll center, something I would never do on a car built to go around corners.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Those SVT wheels do look great, what are the specs on them, width, offset, weight?

----------

I have Konig Dial In, 15x9, 13lbs, roll formed, -1.5 rear, -2.5 front negative camber, rolled and pulled front, rolled rear fenders, the car is lower than it looks, the tires are not very tall, I might switch to the 245/50/15 RA1 DOT race tires instead of the 245/45/15 RA1 tires I have on right now.

4x100 bolt pattern change was one of the first mods I did so I could get cheap quality track wheels, roll formed which means very strong, for $126 per wheel! The 15x8 version is 12 lbs and around $119 or it might be $109 each. There are others available as well but some will not fit over my 11.75" BBK.

I can only lower the car around 1/4" more in the front or will go past the optimum for roll center, something I would never do on a car built to go around corners.
Here are the specs:

Front and Rear

Size: 17x7
Offset: 49mm
Backspacing: 5.94"
Bolt Pattern: 4-108
Rec. Tire Size: 205/40-17
Weight: 21.0lbs.
Finish: Light Grey Painted
Construction: 1pc. Low Pressure Cast
Finish Warranty: No Finish Warranty
Manufactured in Mexico

Not really a performance enhancer but I love the look of them. Especially if you get a 45 series tire to make it looked dropped a little more.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
With my street wheels before I paint them gunmetal.

Noon is not the best time to take pics so I am pretty happy with these but will have to go back in the early AM or evening.

I noticed the number when back home editing the pics.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Mich AS/3 W rated, the best all seasons made:)

My other wheels in the prior pic shows the 225/45/15 Toyo RA1 DOT race tires on 15x9 wheels.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
What made you pick all season over a summer performance tire? I'm just debating on what my next set will be in the spring.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have my race tire and wheel setup and my all seasons which are top notch tires I can use if I show up at a track and it is raining.

I will be traveling all over NA and on tracks all over as well where I will use the race tires unless to cold or wet then I will use the Mich AS which are as fast as some summer only tires in the dry and superb in the wet and or cold.

I seldom drive fast on public roads but if I to the Mich will handle most anything really well but I will always reserve going all out for a race track where it is safer for me and other drivers, no tickets, etc....

I have had many summer only tires and used many on track but race tires are much more fun:)

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you are going run autocross, want the absolute stickiest tires for mountain runs, doing track days, etc...then summer only tires are a great way to go but they wear out far faster than some very good all season tires.

If you are going to drive the car in cold weather, really below 50 is cold on summer tires, not trying to win events, etc......then a great set of the top tier all seasons can give close to the grip of many summer only tires yet work really well in cold weather and the rain or even light snow.

The lower cost brands have some good ones to pick from but if you get something like the AS3 Michelin they generally last far longer and are a bit better all around so really not more money or much more in the long run.

You would have more grip more of the time with all season tires if you drive your car, all season.

If you plan to run winter tires, which I have only had two sets my entire life and driven decades in the winter, then summer and winter can work but spring and fall can be compromising times, almost need three sets of tires.

I find it easier to run great all seasons for everything but the track and then run dedicated track tires there.

During the years in SoCal in the Navy I ran all seasons on the regular use vehicles and summer only or even DOT race tires on the project cars, even on the street.

Depending what type of camera you are using, a polarizer filter will reduce glare and reflections from sunlight reflecting off of your car. I use one on my Canon for water shots when doing land scape photo's, works great for car photography as well.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I actually have a filter, forgot all about it, thanks:)

I do want to go back for a morning or evening session, it is an easy stop on the way to where I make my tuning runs which I will be doing again in the next day or two.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Oops, I did not even look, this is the silver picture thread, not wheels and tires, let's keep it on topic here, myself included:)