Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brand new 17 FiST from Upstate NY

Already found so much useful info on here! My fiancé just got brand new 17 FoST and after driving it I had to get a ST and just figured I would go with the Fiesta so we could try both. Already went with Pro Race 1.2's in 15x8 with 205/50 S drives. car will be my DD but will also be a weekend trackday warrior!

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Welcome! You bought a fun little car, and there's plenty of knowledge here and a big aftermarket.

OP
N
Thread Starter #11
Sure! since I haven't got to enjoy either car to its fullest yet I can just give you what I can notice so far.. after a few more months and when I'm done with the ST academy then I will post up a in-depth review on the two. sitting in the car the FiST actually feels larger with headroom and interior space ( due to not having the raised center console area in the FoST. Clutch is deff lighter in the fiesta then the focus but is more travel from the floor to fully depressed. Shifter is shorter and notchy in the focus but actual shifting feeling is better in the fiesta. fiesta feels lighter when going around turns ( because it is lol) and feels like it would have a easier time transioning from quick left to quick right then the focus, but both seem to feel to have the same overall grip when in the turn. Big difference I can feel is power delivery.. Focus has power everywhere, down low, no lag, just feels like its a lot faster down low.. ive only gotten on the fiesta one time so far (400miles on the car so trying to still break it in) but it felt to have bad turbo lag and no power anywhere under 3-3500 rpms.. until the turbo spools and it feels like someone hit a light switch then torque steer hits lol ( this was on a cold road). brakes feel about the same on both cars, build quality is about equal. one thing to be noted is both our ST's are base cars ( mine has a 595$ paint option and her ST1 only has the upgraded factory wheels.) is the Sound system in the fiesta (Sony) is much better then the ford radio in the Focus, she also doesn't have touch screen in her car or serius radio which I love, she does have a backup camera which would of ben nice. Anything else you would like to know?

Truth in Ruin

1000 Post Club
I’ll chime in with FoST & FiST differences. The FoST’s ergonomics are much better. The FoST symposer pipes a nice, low, gurgling sound into the cabin. The FoST’s power delivery feels linear, whereas the FiST has a peaky turbo punch. The FoST interior space isn’t really all that much bigger than the FiST, but the trunk/hatch space in the FoST is quite a bit larger. Same size fuel tanks, though...

Greetings from nearby Endicott, NY and welcome to the party. Beware some of our fine NYS roadways - they can rattle the teeth out of your head when driving the FiST.