Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Official Tuxedo Black Fiesta ST Picture Thread

Oh, I have some on my phone. Not exactly from the side, though.

The day I put the wheels on at a friend's:

After a wash, a few weeks later:

First shot was right at sunset, the gold reflects some light. I'd say day-to-day, the wheels' colour looks closer to the second photo.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Oh, I have some on my phone. Not exactly from the side, though.

The day I put the wheels on at a friend's:

After a wash, a few weeks later:

First shot was right at sunset, the gold reflects some light. I'd say day-to-day, the wheels' colour looks closer to the second photo.
Oh okay I thought it would be darker. Looks more on the lighter side in the that second photo. Still looks good though.

And how was the riser installation? I've heard some people have problems with it.

Oh okay I thought it would be darker. Looks more on the lighter side in the that second photo. Still looks good though.

And how was the riser installation? I've heard some people have problems with it.
It's definitely lighter in colour - Was anticipating closer to copper. This is more subtle. I still like it, and will run it for the season. Three cans, seven coats.

The riser kit was pretty easy with two sets of hands! I'd read about people stripping threads, and was very careful with my tightening. I dropped a bolt into the trunk housing, and that was a bit of a pain to fish out until we found a magnetic snake. After the wing was on I was worried I had fastened the wing too lightly (being scared of stripping threads), as I was hearing a bit of a rattle when I was closing the hatch - then I realized that I hadn't fully screwed in the wing taillight. Once everything was tight as it should be, there were no more rattles, zero wind noise, zero noticeable difference in fuel economy.

I, like others, was concerned about the holes in the wing for the washer fluid and the taillight, and water getting in. I just used some black duct tape to limit the hole's size, slicing a little X in each hole for the wire and tube. I'm sure there are more elegant ways to mitigate the risk, but this works for cheap:

~ Four months later, and the wing is as sturdy as ever. Recommended if you like the look. I have to say I think the FiST looks great without it, too.

Can anyone tell me if they see a variance in color between their rear bumper and the quarter panels? In direct sunlight? In the shade there's not much difference, but in the sun, totally different thing.

Just got my bumper replaced and repainted and the color isn't a perfect match in the sun, don't remember if from factory there was a color difference or not between the two.

As much as they wanted to repaint the quarter panels to blend the paint, I refused, but now wondering if I should have gotten it done...

No differences here. Everything matches perfectly.

Here's a couple of pics of my bathed Tux Black.

Thanks airjor13. I love em.

They aren't available any longer from what I understand. I got a tremendous deal on a set that was used for like single digit miles lol.