Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you Buy a lightening Blue Fist if you could?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 81.25%
  • No

3 18.75%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member 580 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Grand Haven
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dpro View Post
    You are correct except they are already painting Base 18 Fiesta's in Lightening Blue. So the paint is already at the factory. On top of that it would be a Fleet order and Fleet orders can do Special paint. I already had asked these questions of the Fleet manager who's job is to take care of Fleet sales. The only catch I have run into is the cars would have to be ordered by one company and thats the catch.

The paint is not the issue the issue is the registration and purchase so no it probably can not be done. Unless I wanted to buy ten cars myself through my engine mount business.lol a
    Yes I make and sell Polyurethane engine mounts for Nissan's 240sx ( drift and road race).
    I wish you good luck on the adventure. Having grown up at a dealership, worked for automotive suppliers, and manage a product line, I see no way to get this request done. Even for a fleet request. The fleet orders I had seen in the past were fairly large volumes if they were anything other than standard product. Those orders probably exceeded all of the Fiesta ST's that will be sold this year. Even at a very small dealership, the fleet orders were dozens of vehicles. None of them were anything special. Usually plain white for companies or one of the police schemes. Almost of all the vehicles for fleets were wrapped after delivery. I haven't been involved in dealerships for over a decade now, but with the move for more standardized production and options, I doubt they reversed course over the years I have been out of the game.

Remember that not all of the parts for the ST are painted at the factory. Bumper covers, rear diffuser, and rear spoiler all come from separate suppliers and are painted at those facilities. They are shipped according to build sequencing. There isn't anything to suggest that these suppliers have the color you are looking for as they may not produce the standard Fiesta parts at those plants.
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST
    1984 Performance White Mustang

@BRGT350 Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Dublin
    State
    OH
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My answer to the original question is a definite yes that I would have bought blue if it were available in 2017 when I bought my Orange Spice car. I have color envy every time I see a blue FiST. But being a current owner now, there is not any new FiST in my future.
    2017 Orange Spice FiST
    Toyota 4Runner (dd and winter)
    Harley Davidson Road King (very built)
    Ducati Multistrada
    Vespa gts250

Member 217 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BRGT350 View Post
    I wish you good luck on the adventure. Having grown up at a dealership, worked for automotive suppliers, and manage a product line, I see no way to get this request done. Even for a fleet request. The fleet orders I had seen in the past were fairly large volumes if they were anything other than standard product. Those orders probably exceeded all of the Fiesta ST's that will be sold this year. Even at a very small dealership, the fleet orders were dozens of vehicles. None of them were anything special. Usually plain white for companies or one of the police schemes. Almost of all the vehicles for fleets were wrapped after delivery. I haven't been involved in dealerships for over a decade now, but with the move for more standardized production and options, I doubt they reversed course over the years I have been out of the game.

Remember that not all of the parts for the ST are painted at the factory. Bumper covers, rear diffuser, and rear spoiler all come from separate suppliers and are painted at those facilities. They are shipped according to build sequencing. There isn't anything to suggest that these suppliers have the color you are looking for as they may not produce the standard Fiesta parts at those plants.
    I have a lot of respect for you . I have watched your youtube vids and the Rally stuff ...but here i beg to differ on a few poiints. I would not even of mentioned this had I not dsicussed it with a Fleet manager who is actually taking my 2018 order. I dearly wanted Blue, Orange Spice is nice but it is my second choice color wise.
    Now according to this Fleet manager who is actively employed and workiing for Ford a fleet order can be as little as 10 cars. Special colors can be done. I understand you have a lot of dealership experience but by your admittance you have been out of that game for over ten years. Things can change, plus were you ever a Fleet manager? I don't think you have ever mentioned being on that side of the fence.

Anyways truth be told it was a creative idea that yes if I wanted to buy 10 cars under my company name I could probably pull off. Do I want spend the amount of money personally to do that. Lol no.
    Though to dismiss it as not possible. Sorry sir done enough question asking and info gathering all ready to know its not impossible like so wamt to claim.

Member 580 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Grand Haven
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could be wrong, and you are correct that I have never been a fleet manager. I do a lot of fleet request approvals, although in a different industry, and while the sales guy always says it can be done, most of the requests from smaller fleets don't get approved. It depends on how labor intensive it is to alter production for the request and being able to cover the costs associated with non-standard product offerings. On high margin products with a large quantity, there is a good chance of getting it approved. Chances are probably better with a dozens of F250's than a handful of Fiesta ST's.
    2015 Performance Blue Fiesta ST
    1984 Performance White Mustang

@BRGT350 Instagram, Twitter, YouTube

Member 81 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Orange
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Working a trade show booth recently, my space was next to a guy displaying a Lightning blue Raptor, and that color is gorgeous. Also saw it on a new GT350R I had the pleasure of getting a few track laps on a week ago. Would I want that color on a new FIST? Heck yes, but I'd rather just have the opportunity to buy a new FIST after this year. I just saw an EcoSport on the road yesterday.... no thanks.

Member 217 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Los Angeles
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gone in 60 View Post
    Working a trade show booth recently, my space was next to a guy displaying a Lightning blue Raptor, and that color is gorgeous. Also saw it on a new GT350R I had the pleasure of getting a few track laps on a week ago. Would I want that color on a new FIST? Heck yes, but I'd rather just have the opportunity to buy a new FIST after this year. I just saw an EcoSport on the road yesterday.... no thanks.
    Oh ya I about to make the phone call to check the box on a Orange Spice ST with Smoke Storm Recaros and Black wheels. I want Blue and probably do have Blue envy but in the end? I will have to go with choice 2 color wise.

Edit... Phone call made order placed 2018 Fiesta ST Orange Spice Smoke Storm Recaros , Black wheels.
    Last edited by Dpro; 03-12-2018 at 02:26 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12