Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Mountune Rear Motor Mount Change?

If you look at the Mountune rmm offered by Ford Performance and also look at the installation video on the Mountune website, the rmm has yellow polyurethane bushings. But the rmm on the Mountune website has black bushings, and the website description specifically states the color as being black. Does anyone know what changed, besides the color? Is the new black bushing mount stiffer or softer than the old yellow one, or is a durability issue with the yellow bushings? Something else?

I asked this question not too long ago as well. I've actually had both installed in my car at different times and can honestly say I didn't feel any difference between the yellow and the black bushings. However I don't have any fancy scientific info, nor did anyone provide any when I asked the same question, but I'm definitely still interested in knowing as well.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Mountune UK uses Powerflex (the yellow bushes you see in pics)
Mountune USA has theirs manufactured somewhere else (not sure where but that's why

The yellow bushings you see in the Mountune UK rear motor mount are basically the same inserts you can purchase for your OEM mount if you look closely

Mine has the black bushings. They probably source them from Energy or Prothane, since its more cost effective than buying bushings and shipping them from Europe, if they are assembling the mounts in the US. I used to work in the automotive aftermarket and the cost savings can be huge when you source components locally. Both of the other brands produce quality components. The mount is serviceable so its sort of a moot point.