Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

1000 miles on my 2017 fiesta st.. crazy road raging driver hits me

was getting on an onramp to I5 patiently waiting my left turn, a spot opens and the person behind me tries to dive into my spot.. rear quarter panel pass side gets nailed, wheel gets damaged and a little rear bumper damage.. FUUUUUUdge. its only 1000 miles into my ownership and some either road raging driver or a person trying to purposely bait me into an accident puts a huge blemish on my pristine magnetic st. I called her insurance and they go.. umm she has already posted this claim.. then they call her.. then call me back and go.. umm yeah, shes to blame. Dropping my magnetic st off tomorrow, getting a free loaner and i hope they are qualified enough to get the magnetic flake paint to match.. likely need a new wheel, new rear quarter panel and a new rear bumper..The last thing i said to her insurance.. was to ask if she felt any remorse for obviously causing this accident.. i only say this as she acted like the world owed her something and that she was a victim.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know I'd be furious. I hope they fix it right.

I was rear ended at a stop light after sitting there for about 15 seconds because "she thought the light was green". Don't mind the other 15 cars that were also stopped around me. 5k in damages later as I was forced into the person in front of me as well. Luckily I didn't pay a dime, but the dealer screwed up the paint match on my white platinum so bad that I made them do it over again. Now I have a car that already depreciates like crazy that is now worth more than I owe on it. Last new car I ever purchase...

Photos of damage? Did you take it to her insurance preferred shop? I'm in the industry myself (estimator for a shop) you absolutely have to make sure they're following OEM repair procedures and For proposition statements to the letter. Anything less is a substandard repair. Feel free to DM me with any questions, I'd be happy to help!

Hey man that sucks, but just remember that it could have been way worse. Accidents happen every single day, be glad that yours wasn't one involving an ambulance. Try not to sweat the small stuff, blemishes are going to happen from ownership, accidents regardless.

I was in a very minor $2,000 accident myself in January.

My advice to you would be to read the estimate regarding the list of parts of the car they need to remove/replace and then inspect each of those parts individually upon delivery.

I had to bring my car back about three times after the repair. The windshield molding flew off since the clips broke when they removed it. They replaced with a new one the next week.

Also, the roof molding started coming loose, so they glued that back on, buuuuuut they accidentally dripped a bit of glue on the surrounding paint >.<

Overall, don't be afraid to be picky. If you spot an imperfection, let them know!

I would also like to add that the accident experience definitely offered me a new perspective. Seeing my car in one piece again makes me grateful it looks just like it did when I drove it off the lot. I now drive a lot more carefully because the repair process can be a huge pain in the butt!!

dmb

alot of people in so.cal turn into real azzholes when they get into their cars. even worse when its rush hour 5am-9am and 3pm-7pm and 24 hrs a day in L.A. and pulled guns are not uncommon. many people here were never taught to wait their turn and this is what it has become, sad but true. oh over 70% are hit and runs in L.A.co.

cxwrench

Mine has been hit-and-run'd twice while parked. Left rear corner both times. Second time there were 5 witnesses including myself. Fed Ex ground driver. It took 50 weeks to get my deductible back. Ruined a wheel. Body shop (NOT dealer) did a great job w/ body/paint but the wheel they got from Ford wasn't even close. I had grey Rado's and the replacement was 2-3 shades lighter than the rest. Good luck w/ yours.

was getting on an onramp to I5 patiently waiting my left turn, a spot opens and the person behind me tries to dive into my spot.. rear quarter panel pass side gets nailed, wheel gets damaged and a little rear bumper damage.. FUUUUUUdge. its only 1000 miles into my ownership and some either road raging driver or a person trying to purposely bait me into an accident puts a huge blemish on my pristine magnetic st. I called her insurance and they go.. umm she has already posted this claim.. then they call her.. then call me back and go.. umm yeah, shes to blame. Dropping my magnetic st off tomorrow, getting a free loaner and i hope they are qualified enough to get the magnetic flake paint to match.. likely need a new wheel, new rear quarter panel and a new rear bumper..The last thing i said to her insurance.. was to ask if she felt any remorse for obviously causing this accident.. i only say this as she acted like the world owed her something and that she was a victim.
So sorry this happened to you. My ‘16 is at 1700 miles and I’m hyper vigilant about getting hit you don’t even know man. Hope it works out for you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk