Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wow I have the worst mpg so far I think I do only have 700 miles on my FiST and 95% city driving my avg mpg is 20.5 and avg mph is 17 i believe. I have seen it climb once I noticed the car even had the avg mpg feature lol so once it breaks in more I hope i get better numbers
Thats normal!

Driving with AC on all week as it has been 103+ all last week has my MPG at 24.34 (@29mph avg.) this week. (that's a lot of weeks in one sentence)
Down from the 26ish average I've been seeing for the last few months.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
with the Mountune 93 octane tune, 1300 miles on the car, I am averaging 30MPG on my commute with an average speed of 41MPH. Without the tune, I had 27MPG on my commute. I had a high MPG of 32 with the Cobb tune on one commute and a low of 26MPG stock. I pretty much hit every stop light green on the day I got the 32 MPG, so that is a little unrealistic for normal driving. Temps have been in the upper 40's-low 50's in the morning and high temps are around 70'F for my drive home. Same commute with my 2011 Fiesta was 31 MPG.

I've got the dash-meter at 29.5 mpg +/- 1mpg after almost two solid weeks of commuting with traffic. I reset it at ~400 miles. Now at ~750.

33.298 mpg average so far.
That's based on the odometer/fill up volumes, the dash computer tends to be about 1-2 mpg on the optimistic side. Data collected from 42 fill ups over a little under 13k miles and counting.
Best full tank average I've done so far is 36.617 mpg (387 miles on 10.569 gallons), but I did hit 40.327 mpg on a 148 mile jaunt before topping off.
I do a lot of commuting and road trips, so it's mostly all highway miles.

I'm averaging 25 mpg. I just can't stay out of the throttle. Hea hea!
I can't imagine improving boost and opening up the intake/exhaust.
The track is calling me. I imagine I could get my mpg into the teens with effort

I get 27mpg driving on english roads. I like the English speed limits. 60mph, unless it's a town and on the highways it's 70, but traffic usually does 75-79. on the track, I get 9mpg.

Break-in definitely appears to have an impact on the mpg. Plus it takes a while for the ECU to "learn". For the first 1k miles, I was getting 19-22mpg. Now I'm only at 1400 miles and I've seen as high as 34mpg when driving on highway and as low as 24mpg when driving around city...so it does appear to be improving. That and I'm learning "how to drive" the Fiesta ST specifically which is probably helping.

I drive a mix of backroads, highways, etc. I try to shift around 2k rpm most of the time. the car is geared really close so that makes that possible. my dash says 30mpg avg. I do run it hard here and there when I get onto my local highway so 30-35mpg is about right for me. so far, my ST is stock + drop in filter. until spring.

My lifetime average over the 44,000 miles I have on my FiST is 31.7 MPG. That's probably 75% highway driving with at least (20) 1000 mile round trip drives from CT to VA and back.

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Just got back from PRI in Indy filled up and drove 70-75 the whole time. Three people in the car with luggage. 34.2mpg on 281 miles before next fill up. Calculated at 33.9 with gallons and miles. Car has no bolt ons and a Custom 93 oct tune by me. 212whp 319wtq VD (SAE Corrected)

Car averages 24-27 in the city depending how many 120mph pulls I do to and from work lol.

Russ

Did a 87 vs 93 comparison. Last tank I ran 87, this tank was 93. I drive 35 miles one way to work And all but about 3 of those miles are highway. Temps were around 30*F every day. Car is stock with a Boomba BOV adapter.

87- 31.6MPG
93- 32.9MPG

Am I convinced I get better MPG running 93? No. I drive in rush hour every day, and this test was only done with one tank each. Plus we all know the mpg calculator on the dash isn't 100% accurate. Just thought I would see what would happen!

I'm glad to hear that the MPG's get better after some break-in although I'm probably breaking mine in way too hard. I got about 22.4mpg on my first tank with 34 avg mph.

I've got over 7500k on my FiST and I drive 40mi round trip for work in SoCal, Orange County to be exact. I'm stuck in Stop n Go traffic both ways on the 57 and the 22 freeways and I'm averaging 24.9-25.1 mpg, I've never gotten anywhere close to 30mpg. On the weekends my driving is much more spirited but nothing crazy. I guess I can't complain too much, my 68 Mustang 302 got about 13mpg if I took it easy, lol!

did a 150 mile drive yesterday stayed 70 MPH the whole way and got 40 mpg as indicated by the dash, even if its wrong by a margin of 2mpg, thats still 38 and thats really good and higher than the speculated MPG of the car.