Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I'm still averaging 33mpg. I drive 78 miles everyday at 75mph, with probably 20 or 30 miles in the city every weekend.

I average 32mpg on my commute to work which is mostly 35-45mph twisty back roads but very little stopping. I drove 425 miles across Tn and got 38mpg.

100% stock

I hit 100mph today on my drive home, and my avg MPG actually went up .1. I think mine is broken.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Only MPG run I have done, just wanted to see what it would do on the EFR turbo before going to the GTX.
Kept at or +5 max over the speed limit, accelerated briskly but kept the boost low to use less fuel.

First 25 miles, dropped from 4200 to around 4000 ft the first couple of miles then flat roads at 65 MPH, through a 25MPH town, DIC showed 42.7 MPG

Next leg, climbed to 5975ft, up and down some other hills, dropped down to 5000 ft, 20 mile drive, DIC showed 38.7 MPG.

Next section, 25 MPH up and down some pretty steep and winding roads to look at properties, 10 miles driven, DIC showed 37.4 MPG

Last section, 45 miles, back over the pass, pulled into the RV park, I hit several more stop lights on the this stage, DIC showed 38.4 MPG for the whole trip.

I am running 225 wide tires on 9" wide wheels so they are out in the airflow a bit, TRS splitter and full undertray, fully opened up grill.

I am quite pleased that a car with a big turbo than has show 300+ WHP on Vdyno with 91 octane can get this kind of mileage:)

Rick

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Who needs a Hybrid!

I did forget to mention the tires are 23" in diameter vice the stock 23.4" so the numbers are going to be off a bit.

Only MPG run I have done, just wanted to see what it would do on the EFR turbo before going to the GTX.
Kept at or +5 max over the speed limit, accelerated briskly but kept the boost low to use less fuel.

First 25 miles, dropped from 4200 to around 4000 ft the first couple of miles then flat roads at 65 MPH, through a 25MPH town, DIC showed 42.7 MPG

Next leg, climbed to 5975ft, up and down some other hills, dropped down to 5000 ft, 20 mile drive, DIC showed 38.7 MPG.

Next section, 25 MPH up and down some pretty steep and winding roads to look at properties, 10 miles driven, DIC showed 37.4 MPG

Last section, 45 miles, back over the pass, pulled into the RV park, I hit several more stop lights on the this stage, DIC showed 38.4 MPG for the whole trip.

I am running 225 wide tires on 9" wide wheels so they are out in the airflow a bit, TRS splitter and full undertray, fully opened up grill.

I am quite pleased that a car with a big turbo than has show 300+ WHP on Vdyno with 91 octane can get this kind of mileage:)

Rick
Just drove from Carson City NV to San Jose CA and the computer shows 40.9 average mpg! I reset it to zero before I left, no stops.
That's awesome, RAAMaudio and GAbOS - thanks for sharing! Feel free to reach out should you ever have any questions or concerns. :)

Nick

MPA

Running MAP Stg 1, it's hard to stay out of the throttle :D Best tank is 29.1, with mostly highway.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I have gone over the various passes into CA many times and always get better mileage on the way West than coming back due to the elevation changes.
Still my mileage in the FiST coming back from Sactown was around 36 or so and I do use a bit of boost there:)

In my Duramax dually I get around 22 going and 19 coming back which is not bad considering 8,800lbs and not very aerodynamic.

I'm averaging about 26.5 mpg right now - I feel like it should be higher, but granted I drive in LA daily and the rare times I cruise on the freeway its 80+ with the AC on generally. I'd like it to go up, if I get to take a road trip maybe I can more accurately gauge the freeway mpg.

Geo

I averaged 35 MPG according to the odometer readout on a drive from Metroit Detroit to Chicago and back. Was pretty happy with that.

Edit: Stock 2015 FiST

GAbOS

That's great, but what was your average speed for that trip?
The speed limit. I did not record avg speed. I used the car as a trip'r vs. a 1/4 dragster. If it helps, I got shittier MPG on the way back due to more use of accel vs clutch/brake.

Thought this was an MPG thread.

My FiST is a fun commuter that I mostly baby unless the feeling is right. I'm getting 34.6mpg according to the display on my last tank of gas. My previous car was a 2012 Civic LX (a total pooch) and I got 37.5mpg. I'm quite satisfied with my FiST mpg.

Reporting from hilly San Francisco, with 850 miles on the car I'm averaging about 24.5mpg, I'd guess thats about 75-80% city driving. For the most part I'm quick shifting and trying to be easy during the break in, but sometimes 2nd or 3rd gear is just too damn tempting and my inner hoonigan takes over... oops... not!

I have done some highway travel and reset the average mpg counter too see its behavior on the highway (lots of hills on bay area highways as well, rarely flat out here in or out of the city).

When on the highway and being gentle and mindful of the break-in, I saw MPG's over 40 (44 until the temptation of WOT pull quickly brought it down to 40, but it easily climbed back up to 42 in a short while). This was 6th gear with speeds between 55 and 65, being mindful of hill climbs, and maximizing decents.

On the trip back I reset it again and decided to see what a realistic freeway mpg would be. For me this means speeds between 65 and, um, higher.. with plenty of passing and less regard for hill climbs and decents, basically driving by that fun feeling and not by mpg consciousness. When I got off the freeway the meter read 34mpg and I was REALLLLLLY impressed, by the time I got home deep in the hilly center of the city it was down to 31mpg.

My conclusion, hills suck, but no matter what I'm saving a TON on gas over my old v8 silverado!

Quisp

1000 Post Club
With 1600 miles it's averaging 30.8. Seems to be inching up from 30.2 at first. Maybe green filter and Puma speed intake hose helped. I know break in is still in effect.

It's probably been mentioned before and should be obvious, but an accessport with an OST tune will bring your MPG down. Just something to keep in mind if you want to mildly tune but keep your MPG

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I picked up 1 mpg with Randy's tune. Most people when getting a tune drive a little more aggressively.