Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

DBLE

I track everything on Fuelly to the decimal and am averaging 29.2 mpg. We recently did a road trip with a best of 33.6 mpg (mostly highway but some city thrown in). fueleconomy.gov rates the '15 FiST at 26/34/29, so I figure I'm doing alright.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I came back from a road trip from the youper....got 39.5mpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I've noticed a significant drop (3 MPG) with the hot weather here in Vegas,
I'm averaging 26 MPG now in City/Suburban driving, vs 29 earlier
It's been 105 to 115 here, and all my driving is in the middle of the day when it's sunny and hot
The A/C does a great job keeping the car cool. And even when the car has been sitting in the sun for an hour or 2, the automatic climate control kicks on the Max, and cools things down really quick.

p.s. These MPG figures are based on actuals (i.e. miles traveled divided by gallons pumped in)
The dash Trip computer seems to show MPG that is 1 MPG higher than actual.

Last edited:
This thread seems somewhat dead but during my break in period I got around 22 to 29 mpg. Now I get around 35 to 37 mpg with a 70% highway 30% commute on 93 octane.

HBEcoBeaST

Wow. I drive mostly city and i get 23mpg. Closer to 30 highway on 91. My driving style is spirited+

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I usually get 30-32.5 mostly highway driving...now at 33k for milage...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I've noticed a significant drop (3 MPG) with the hot weather here in Vegas,
I'm averaging 26 MPG now in City/Suburban driving, vs 29 earlier
It's been 105 to 115 here, and all my driving is in the middle of the day when it's sunny and hot
The A/C does a great job keeping the car cool. And even when the car has been sitting in the sun for an hour or 2, the automatic climate control kicks on the Max, and cools things down really quick.

p.s. These MPG figures are based on actuals (i.e. miles traveled divided by gallons pumped in)
The dash Trip computer seems to show MPG that is 1 MPG higher than actual.
Just to update/correct. Shortly after my prior post my Tire pressure warning went off.
Silly me I wasn't checking my tire pressure, and they were down to 32PSI
I filled them to 40PSI and now my MPG for mixed suburban/hwy driving is closer to 30MPG.
Of course the weather is also cooler so there is less A/C demand.

LILIKE16ST

One thing that helps is downshifting often anytime it's even slightly needed or maybe not needed at all. I don't mean downshifting and hammering it I mean downshift to go up slight grades and that way you can stay easy on the throttle and still have enough power to get up the incline. You will get better mpg this way. Not only that it's much better for the car in general to not even come close to bogging the engine. Don't be afraid to downshift and do it often.

MPA

E30 I'm usually between 24 - 29mpg, with an avg of 26.8mpg over the last 6 months according to Fuelly

Not looking forward to going back to a stg0 tune and winter tires in a few weeks :(

Just filled up today at 9991 miles. last tank was 25.4 MPG which is down but considering the heats been running with the defroster that doesnt surprise me that much.
Bone stock besides RMM and COBB drop in filter.

LILIKE16ST

Just filled up today at 9991 miles. last tank was 25.4 MPG which is down but considering the heats been running with the defroster that doesnt surprise me that much.
Bone stock besides RMM and COBB drop in filter.
I didn't think the heat effected the mpg I thought that was just with the ac? I could be wrong but that's always what I've thought. Your mpg seems to be a little low is it all city and/or spirited driving? Even when I first got the car new mine was in the 27-28 range at the least now I hover above 30 mpg mostly but I'm not stock I have a tune and filter and muffler delete and use royal purple xpr full synthetic oil. None of those things will make a big difference but combined could I suppose.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I didn't think the heat effected the mpg I thought that was just with the ac? I could be wrong but that's always what I've thought. Your mpg seems to be a little low is it all city and/or spirited driving? Even when I first got the car new mine was in the 27-28 range at the least now I hover above 30 mpg mostly but I'm not stock I have a tune and filter and muffler delete and use royal purple xpr full synthetic oil. None of those things will make a big difference but combined could I suppose.
The defroster uses the air conditioner in order to de-humidify the air.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stock.

93 OCT eco hwy 75mph - 35-36mpg
93 OCT really hooning - 28-29mpg
E30 eco hwy 75mph - 30-33 mpg
E30 really hooning - 25-27mpg