Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

LILIKE16ST

The defroster uses the air conditioner in order to de-humidify the air.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Wow I did not know that. Learn something new every day I guess. I have never really noticed much of an mpg difference with or without ac I noticed more of a difference with winter blend fuel

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wow I did not know that. Learn something new every day I guess. I have never really noticed much of an mpg difference with or without ac I noticed more of a difference with winter blend fuel
Our A/c compressors are electronic not belt driven....this helps with fuel economy by running less accessories of the engine by means of a belt!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

The defroster uses the air conditioner in order to de-humidify the air.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
This. And winter blend gas coming in now as well. Plus I’m not exactly the lightest of drivers lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The A/C clutches are often engaged magnetically using electricity, but the compressor part of the A/C system is definitely neither electric or electronic. The compressors when engaged, do place a very large load on the engine. There is such a large load that ECUs have an additional input that allows it to be signaled with regard to compressor operation. Otherwise the compressor may stall the engine at idle.

Also, to prevent damage, A/C systems typically will not engage when ambient temperatures start to approach freezing.

Check fuelly.com for some real world mileage estimates.

I just drove an entire tank with a light foot and got 29.3 MPG. It was not fun to drive like this, but I wanted to see what mileage I could get in the winter with steel wheels and snow tires. My normal driving mileage average is 26MPG.

Here is my stock FiST in winter mode:

Here is my lifetime (5000 miles) mileage

HBEcoBeaST

Stratified e30 tune, k&n drop in. Spirited+ driving. This car is too fun to drive slow.

almost 100% city with short <5 mile freeway stints
23mpg

50% highway 50% city
26mpg

Stock tune I would get 1-2mpg higher.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

neeqness

1000 Post Club
Check fuelly.com for some real world mileage estimates.

I just drove an entire tank with a light foot and got 29.3 MPG. It was not fun to drive like this, but I wanted to see what mileage I could get in the winter with steel wheels and snow tires. My normal driving mileage average is 26MPG.

Here is my stock FiST in winter mode:

Here is my lifetime (5000 miles) mileage
Same here...but I raised my psi to 40 and now I average 28 - 30+ depending on how much hwy driving I do on that tank. I am currently on 195/55 15s though with a light alloy wheel which might help too. Traction was still sticky enough for spirited driving and some occassional canyon runs.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I got 34.5 mpgs on a all highway 70mph trip with stock wheels on snow tires....pretty good I think!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

195/45r15 GY Sure Grips on steelies, stage 1 tune about 33mpg @ 30%town 70%hwy. That's letting her warm up for about 15mins.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Over the past 10k miles my average is 23.5mpg. stg2 on E30. I got 22mpg on stg1 93 lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

AzNightmare

Stratified e30 tune, k&n drop in. Spirited+ driving. This car is too fun to drive slow.

almost 100% city with short <5 mile freeway stints
23mpg

50% highway 50% city
26mpg

Stock tune I would get 1-2mpg higher.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's incredible. I get around 22.5mpg on 93
and probably around 18 on e30

exact same driving conditions, with moderate boosting in the city and shifting at 2-3k rpm 90% of the time.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
That's incredible. I get around 22.5mpg on 93
and probably around 18 on e30

exact same driving conditions, with moderate boosting in the city and shifting at 2-3k rpm 90% of the time.
Are you on a Stratified tune also? I drive the piss out of mine and am always in the boost and get 23.5 avg on Stratified E30

AzNightmare

Are you on a Stratified tune also? I drive the piss out of mine and am always in the boost and get 23.5 avg on Stratified E30

Yeah. Stage "2.5" (no dp) E30 stratified tune

Maybe it makes a huge diff since you said you're just on drop-in filter?