Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgrade path insight

Hey guys, I'm new to my fiesta. I have a few fast cars in my stable and the fiesta is my new daily that needs some luvin. Ive owned the car about 2 weeks but haven't driven it much since its not work daily but more of the when I'm home daily. Anyways, ive been trying to read as much as possible before i ask questions that have been answered time and time again. Ive now built up a decently sized order with whoosh that I'm about to order but would like you guys to give me some insight as to any other options. I'm not looking to go upgraded turbo at all. This really is a true daily and will need to keep the reliability as somewhat top priority. I would like to get as much as i can out of the stock turbo safely. Here is the list of parts I'm ready to buy. Please give me your opinions. Thanks, mike

1. Whoosh brand intercooler
2. Whoosh hotside intercooler pipe
3. Whoosh highflow induction hose
4. Whoosh intercooler boost hose kit
5. Whoosh catless dp
6. Cpe flex RMM
7. GFB diverter valve
8. ITG maxogen intake
9. Symposer delete
10. Damond catch can
11. Cobb ap

Like i said, I'm going to order everything all at once so if there is something or a brand better i should choose, i would greatly appreciate the insight. Also, should I change the plugs to a colder heat range and what about the gap?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hey guys, I'm new to my fiesta. I have a few fast cars in my stable and the fiesta is my new daily that needs some luvin. Ive owned the car about 2 weeks but haven't driven it much since its not work daily but more of the when I'm home daily. Anyways, ive been trying to read as much as possible before i ask questions that have been answered time and time again. Ive now built up a decently sized order with whoosh that I'm about to order but would like you guys to give me some insight as to any other options. I'm not looking to go upgraded turbo at all. This really is a true daily and will need to keep the reliability as somewhat top priority. I would like to get as much as i can out of the stock turbo safely. Here is the list of parts I'm ready to buy. Please give me your opinions. Thanks, mike

5. Whoosh catless dp
6. Cpe flex RMM
7. GFB diverter valve
8. ITG maxogen intake
9. Symposer delete
10. Damond catch can
11. Cobb ap

Like i said, I'm going to order everything all at once so if there is something or a brand better i should choose, i would greatly appreciate the insight. Also, should I change the plugs to a colder heat range and what about the gap?
solid list!!!

may I refine the list a bit?

PM sent also

5. Whoosh catless dp
6. revo RMM
7. GFB diverter valve
8. ITG maxogen intake
9. Whoosh Symposer delete
10. Radium Catch Can
11. Cobb ap

OP
Thread Starter #3
Hey Ron, thanks for the insight and cant wait to place my order with ya. I'm new to this platform so any ideas are perfect. Any reason for the revo rmm vs the cp-e? Ive had their rmm on a speed3 before and thought it was great. Only reason i selected it. Also the radium catch can, better than the damond?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Hey Ron, thanks for the insight and cant wait to place my order with ya. I'm new to this platform so any ideas are perfect. Any reason for the revo rmm vs the cp-e? Ive had their rmm on a speed3 before and thought it was great. Only reason i selected it. Also the radium catch can, better than the damond?
the cp-e is great if you are OK with some NVH and you've had their product before then you'll be fine. The revo product line is new and a little less stiff as compared to the cp-e .
as for the oil catch can, I suggested the Radium as it is a better option to the Mishimoto. The 2 options I offer. Nothing negative to say about the damond OCC, I just do not carry it.

thanks!
-Ron

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I think the dipstick on the Radium catch can puts it in a league of its own. Such a simple thing! The can and the hardware are top notch. And Ron has the best price :)

I like your list, I’m compiling a list of parts very similar. Will be curious to see exactly what you end up with and how you like the results.

I'd say add the Powerflex engine and trans mount inserts from Ron as well.
Firmed up the car immensely, shifts feel even more solid! I just installed them a few weeks ago, but I'm thinking I should have gotten them sooner!
Maybe go with an FSWerks shift adapter too, that'll help with getting 2nd gear out of the back seat lol

OP
Thread Starter #10
Not sure as far as power goes. Numbers seem to be all over. Would be nice to see 230whp and 300wtq on e85 but not sure.

OP
Thread Starter #11
I'd say add the Powerflex engine and trans mount inserts from Ron as well.
Firmed up the car immensely, shifts feel even more solid! I just installed them a few weeks ago, but I'm thinking I should have gotten them sooner!
Maybe go with an FSWerks shift adapter too, that'll help with getting 2nd gear out of the back seat lol
I was looking at those mounts as well but want to wait until I get the rmm installed. It’s a true daily so don’t want overly excessive vibrations. As far as the shift adapter goes, while it does have long shifts, I haven’t had any problems with the 2-3 shift so far. Probably not driving it hard enough I suppose...lol

me32

1000 Post Club
the cp-e is great if you are OK with some NVH and you've had their product before then you'll be fine. The revo product line is new and a little less stiff as compared to the cp-e .
as for the oil catch can, I suggested the Radium as it is a better option to the Mishimoto. The 2 options I offer. Nothing negative to say about the damond OCC, I just do not carry it.

thanks!
-Ron

How is revo RMM compared to Cobb Rmm?

I was looking at those mounts as well but want to wait until I get the rmm installed. It’s a true daily so don’t want overly excessive vibrations. As far as the shift adapter goes, while it does have long shifts, I haven’t had any problems with the 2-3 shift so far. Probably not driving it hard enough I suppose...lol
I've been daily driving mine for 60k miles (or since day 1 lol), and I can honestly say that the NVH feels LESS than with the stock mounts! The RMM won't really increase your NVH either, you may notice a slight increase but you'll also notice crisper shifting.

As far as the shift adapter goes, I hated shifting from 1-2 because of how far you have to throw the shift lever. Without the shift adapter, and with a long throw, unless you're lighting fast at shifting, the little Ecobeast that could drops RPMs super quick, thus contributing to turbo lag. If you can keep your RPMs up, you'll ulimately have less turbo lag in between shifts, due to quicker throw / less time for RPMs to drop.

These are just my observations after owning the car for 3 years, to each his own!

Good luck with your build, anything you do to it will only increase the fun factor!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
How is revo RMM compared to Cobb Rmm?
it's stiffer
doesn't have the holes drilled in the large bushing part which I've seen a few broken out now on FB
and it's one piece, COBB has a spacer/washer separate for some reason

me32

1000 Post Club
it's stiffer
doesn't have the holes drilled in the large bushing part which I've seen a few broken out now on FB
and it's one piece, COBB has a spacer/washer separate for some reason
Thanks for the feedback Ron. I know the cobb was popular for the DD for the low NVH. After break in how would you say the NVH is on the revo