Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Used Accessport question...

Bought the AP with a stage 3 stratified tune on it for~
*COBB fmic
*Fswerks intake
*Cobb catted downpipe

My current main mods~
*ITG maxogen intake
*DHM factory fit fmic
*Mbrp cat back

So my question is basically, would I be safe to run this tune without the downpipe because I've heard alot that they don't do much at all for stock turbo..[confused]

Although I think you'd be safe, a new tune from Stratified is only $50, so why not buy one? Plus, you can choose from lots of options. E30 tune, valet option, eco option, and more.

Don't know the answer but difference between what Cobb recommends mod wise between stage 2 and stage 3 is the use of an aftermarket downpipe.

The tune is likely locked to the vin of the fiesta it was made for. I know my stratified tune is anyway. I doubt you'll be able to flash a tune made for someone else's car.

The tune is likely locked to the vin of the fiesta it was made for. I know my stratified tune is anyway. I doubt you'll be able to flash a tune made for someone else's car.
That's not the case. The AP is locked into the VIN of the car it is installed on, but can be transferred to another car if it is uninstalled from the prior car. If a tune is loaded on the AP, it can be used. I bought my AP used and it had both a Stratified tune on it and a Mountune tune on it, and I can use them both. My car is equipped exactly like the one the tune was purchased for, but I still bought a new Stratified tune. First, the tune on the used AP was a prior version of the Stratified tune, so I did not know what the changes were to the updated version. Second, I had no idea what the parameters were on the tune, and Stratified would not tell me, reminding me that if I use a tune purchased by someone else, I am violating their copyright restrictions, which I totally understand because it is clearly written. Third, the old tune pre-dated slots and I wanted several options. When I bought the new Stratified tune it ended costing me $150 because I have all 5 slots filled. I genuinely feel like my tune would have been a bargain at twice the price, and talking and e-mailing with Alex about it really got me what I wanted.

That's not the case. The AP is locked into the VIN of the car it is installed on, but can be transferred to another car if it is uninstalled from the prior car. If a tune is loaded on the AP, it can be used. I bought my AP used and it had both a Stratified tune on it and a Mountune tune on it, and I can use them both. My car is equipped exactly like the one the tune was purchased for, but I still bought a new Stratified tune. First, the tune on the used AP was a prior version of the Stratified tune, so I did not know what the changes were to the updated version. Second, I had no idea what the parameters were on the tune, and Stratified would not tell me, reminding me that if I use a tune purchased by someone else, I am violating their copyright restrictions, which I totally understand because it is clearly written. Third, the old tune pre-dated slots and I wanted several options. When I bought the new Stratified tune it ended costing me $150 because I have all 5 slots filled. I genuinely feel like my tune would have been a bargain at twice the price, and talking and e-mailing with Alex about it really got me what I wanted.
Seems like we have a difference of opinion here. I'll grab a picture of my accessport screen at lunch. I too bought my accessport used with a prior stratified tune. In my list of available maps to flash, the old tune is grayed out and unable to be flashed due to being VIN locked to the previous car. I'm not saying your're wrong, just based on my personal experience a tune CAN be locked to one car only.

Seems like we have a difference of opinion here. I'll grab a picture of my accessport screen at lunch. I too bought my accessport used with a prior stratified tune. In my list of available maps to flash, the old tune is grayed out and unable to be flashed due to being VIN locked to the previous car. I'm not saying your're wrong, just based on my personal experience a tune CAN be locked to one car only.
No difference of opinion that I can see--just different experiences. I ran both the Stratified and Mountune tunes that were on my used Accessport when I bought it and I still can. Perhaps I was able to load it because it was an earlier version of a Stratified tune--2.something? Maybe the current version has this disabled.