Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Rally innovations side splitters

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does anyone have these on their car? If so ...we're they difficult to install and is there any drilling? As I know they are bolted on.

Thanks Aaron

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I have the Vega Motorsports set on order. Should be here and have them installed in 1-2 weeks depending on my free time. I'll try to remember to post pics here when finished if no one has any by then.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #3
From what I've seen...they are all about the same price with powder coating. The shipping kills you especially from rally innovations....they want $50 just to ship them. F-That....I think I'm gonna get them from CJ pony parts for $297.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #4
I have the Vega Motorsports set on order. Should be here and have them installed in 1-2 weeks depending on my free time. I'll try to remember to post pics here when finished if no one has any by then.
I wonder how the side Lift point covers can be removed with these on...I just thought of this now.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #5
I think its just me and you man....doesnt look like alot of peeps have them....I am starting to lean Vega as the back fin on the sidesplitter is a lot smaller than the rally innovations. I'm thinking dumb people and clumsy Claude hoppers getting in the car like they have bells palsy of the feet!

I think its just me and you man....doesnt look like alot of peeps have them....I am starting to lean Vega as the back fin on the sidesplitter is a lot smaller than the rally innovations. I'm thinking dumb people and clumsy Claude hoppers getting in the car like they have bells palsy of the feet!

I have basically his whole aero for the FiST on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #7
I have basically his whole aero for the FiST on order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a front rally innovations splitter and have been debating on the side splitters...lm leaning more twords the Vega motor sports ones due to the lower profile.

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #9
It almost seems cheaper to make some custom ones for your specific needs.
I don't know anyone who can fabricate and make them. I'm probably just gonna go with Vega....

OP
TyphoonFiST

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #10
I don't know anyone who can fabricate and make them. I'm probably just gonna go with Vega....

Bought the Vega one piece...Will be debating on keeping them powder coated black or do them...hehe another color to match some other exterior additions! I too will also post pics when it is all said and done!

I wonder how the side Lift point covers can be removed with these on...I just thought of this now.

I'm fairly certain it removes the ability to take the lift point covers off by securing them to the skirt, which I prefer. I hate those things and have already lost and replaced 2 of them. With a jack pad it's no problem lifting the car without removing them, and it save the lift point from getting bent.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Do you drive around with a (light, aluminum?) floor jack in the car at all times, or did you ditch the spare, and everything else back in the well anyway? [dunno]

^^^Do you drive around with a (light, aluminum?) floor jack in the car at all times, or did you ditch the spare, and everything else back in the well anyway? [dunno]
Yeah, I ditched everything back there unless I'm going on a long trip. Probable not the smartest choice, but I figure I have (hopefully) reliable friends or 100 miles of free towing if needed. I've never tried the provided spare tire jack though. I do keep a jack pad in the car just in case.

Yeah, I ditched everything back there unless I'm going on a long trip. Probably not the smartest choice, but I figure I have (hopefully) reliable friends who'd bring me my spare or 100 miles of free towing if needed. I've never tried the provided spare tire jack though and I will keep a jack pad in the car just in case.

So I have the side splitters, relatively easy install but does require some drilling. You just have to be careful to line them up right, took maybe an hour and a half with the car on jack stands and me on my back. Yes if you have folks in the back they do tend to shin check themselves a bit, but I didn't buy this car for folks to ride in the back.

Ford Community Posts