Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Never purchasing another Mishimoto product

codestp202

Here goes my rant. I originally purchased a Mishi rad / fan shroud as it was the only product available for radiators for the FiST at the time. The fan shrouds welds were so poor I couldn't install the stock fan to it until I did some extensive grinding on the brand new Mishi product. I complained and they sent me some stickers...

Next, I stupidly bought the Mishimoto catch can because I had a gift card to Amazon. The bracket is already bending off the catch can and will definitely break soon. So, after owning it for 3 weeks, I sent in info for a replacement with their "lifetime warranty". Now they want me to pay $15 in shipping costs for them to send me a replacement? I spend close to $200 for a defective product, and they want me to shell out more money for a replacement that will break again.

Don't make the same mistake I did, don't buy the catch can, don't support Mishi as they make sub-par products and overcharge like crazy. If there was a decent radiator available when I made my purchase I would not have gone Mishi.

End rant.

Sucks to hear that man. I have Mishi's rad/oil cooler and was sceptical when buying them. I might have just been lucky, but everything looked fine and the install was smooth. I haven't *knock on wood* had any issues with my setup yet. Still a bummer to hear that they're nickling and diming over a pretty expensive piece of hardware

Agreed. Their products leave a lot to be desired. I also have their catch can and im looking for a way to address their short-comings, not cool on a $200 product.

OP
codestp202

codestp202

Thread Starter #6
Yep. They make a lot of junk imo.

P.s did you get your parts?
Hey sorry forgot to PM you! Just got back from Vegas on a work trip so things have been hectic. I did get everything, thank you so much! The most thorough packaging I've ever seen in my life!! [hihi]

Plainrt

1000 Post Club
They wanted way more to send in that smaller box than bigger flat rate lol. Oh the way some things work.......

After coming here from the evo x world, I was shocked to see so many peeps repping mishi. I've always heard they were sub par.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I run their radiator on my Mustang and haven't had any complaints, but I haven't really considered them for my Fiesta. I have a matrix of all of the parts I want to install and have a ranking system based on price, reputation, quality, engineering capability, level of criticalness to the car, user reviews, and involvement in racing. I have a lot of Mishimoto parts on the list, but they don't rank very high. Pretty good on price, but that is about it. Mountune gets about 90% of my business with FSWerks and Cobb taking the rest.

OP
codestp202

codestp202

Thread Starter #11
I run their radiator on my Mustang and haven't had any complaints, but I haven't really considered them for my Fiesta. I have a matrix of all of the parts I want to install and have a ranking system based on price, reputation, quality, engineering capability, level of criticalness to the car, user reviews, and involvement in racing. I have a lot of Mishimoto parts on the list, but they don't rank very high. Pretty good on price, but that is about it. Mountune gets about 90% of my business with FSWerks and Cobb taking the rest.
I've even had a Cobb exhaust break on me. Luckily they had much better customer service and sent me an entire new system for free. The welds broke and put a big hole in my muffler.

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
I am a little worried about my FSWerks exhaust with all the salt it is exposed to over the winter. So far, everything seems to be ok. Muffler and hanger welds are my biggest concern. I have the Cobb RMM and that has been holding up great! The Mountune rear springs are starting to look a little scary in terms of rust. Probably similar to what the factory springs would have, but I just see the rust more on the yellow springs than the black OEM ones. Everything else has been pretty good. With the few hundred miles my Mustang goes a year, I am not terribly worried about the Mishimoto radiator. I would be far more worried for my daily driver that has to be operational every day.

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Kind of disappointed. I wanted to get an upgraded rad and oil cooler down the road for more track days but looks like I'll have to look elsewhere since Mishi is a mixed bag.

LaserWhisperer

I just installed a Mishi factory fit FMIC, no complaints as of yet. It appears to be quite well made and doesn't leak, fitment was spot on.
I don't have an AP anymore, so I can't datalog before/after :-(

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I can’t tell you how many hours I spent under my Subaru at the track dealing with their defective fittings on an oil cooler. I reluctantly bought their radiator for the Fiesta for the same reason the OP did. It’s welds are shit. Eventually I’ll swap it, hopefully by choice not necessity.

OP
codestp202

codestp202

Thread Starter #17
Dump the Mishimoto OCC. Can’t go wrong with the Damond OCC. It’s worth every penny.
The can and the lines are fine for the most part, its the terrible bracket. I'm most likely going to fabricate something myself.

KKaWing

Did mountune never come out with there radiator?
They came out with it a few months after the mishi hit the market. Mountune is a CSF triple pass vs mishi's super thick single pass 3 row.

me32

1000 Post Club
They came out with it a few months after the mishi hit the market. Mountune is a CSF triple pass vs mishi's super thick single pass 3 row.
Based on real world testing which performed best in the real world.