Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tune / DP advice needed.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Greetings folks. I am currently running a stratified semi custom tune (couple of revisions) with intercooler and intake mods. I have a Mountune Cat and Thermal R&D exhaust that I would like to throw on tomorrow. Will there be a problem running a tune that is not specifically set for this cat? I have a X47 that I will probably put on in a month or so when it warms up and am waiting on getting a full tune till that time. Thoughts?

Thanks.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Greetings folks. I am currently running a stratified semi custom tune (couple of revisions) with intercooler and intake mods. I have a Mountune Cat and Thermal R&D exhaust that I would like to throw on tomorrow. Will there be a problem running a tune that is not specifically set for this cat? I have a X47 that I will probably put on in a month or so when it warms up and am waiting on getting a full tune till that time. Thoughts?

Thanks.
There could be...but I would talk to your tuner but they will most likely have you data log and send it in just to check!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #3
There could be...but I would talk to your tuner but they will most likely have you data log and send it in just to check!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I sent them a email earlier but it may be a day or three till I get a response. This is a bit spur of the moment since the weather is niceish and I actually get a day off. Thank you.

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #4
Welp, got a fast response "Yes you can, you’ll just get a P0420 CEL. You can ignore it and the car will run just fine." Thanks folks.

DangerMouse

I just grabbed a mountune dp to go with my thermal exhaust. I won't have time for install til April though. I would love to hear some clips when you get it done.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I would personally wait until you are ready to do the turbo. Just do it all at once instead of getting under there twice. Just my opinion.
I agree with this guy. Dp is a pain. You will save yourself alot of trouble doing it all at once. I did my dp but my turbo upgrade is down the road a bit. If it was a month apart I would have done it all at once. As usual its your time and your car. Its up to you!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

OP
kivnul

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #8
Oh I agree with both of you - I am just running out of time before autox season and I will be out of town a bit. I took both DP and catback to my muffler guy. He did not want to touch the DP once I showed him how fun it is to take out "too much work for a Saturday" and I agree with him. The Thermal install was pretty simple and I am glad I took it to a lift to do the work. I need to adjust the tail end of it a bit to get it centered better, currently using a worm drive clamp to limit the movement on the hanger. I'll do both DP and turbo at once in a few weeks, if I can get a couple days off work. I will also attempt to get a recording once done for [MENTION=6466]DangerMouse[/MENTION] but I lack good gear for that sort of thing.