Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Seibon CF Hood Installment

So for those who installed a Seibon CF hood. What did you run into along the way?

Couple things people informed me about.

Washers - You have to buy Focus Windshield Washers

Fitment - You may have to cut and sand some of the hood to fit correctly..

All true?

DvC

So for those who installed a Seibon CF hood. What did you run into along the way?

Couple things people informed me about.

Washers - You have to buy Focus Windshield Washers

Fitment - You may have to cut and sand some of the hood to fit correctly..

All true?
i didnt have to any of those with either carbon hood i had. you should be fine to remove the stock one and replace with the new one.

Pete

I have installed three hoods and the only thing was all three needed 4 washers for where the hood bolts to the hinge on both the driver and passenger side. I do not know if they updated the design but that is what I have experienced when the hoods first came out.

why are folks putting on these hoods? is it due to the stock ones getting damaged and this is a less expensive replacement? How well does it take paint? Are you matching the body color exactly?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^It's a (somewhat) expensive way to drop ~10 lbs. off of the nose (and at it's highest point for cg ;) ) of these cars.

Some like the aesthetics of the carbon weave pattern as well, and some HAVE painted them.