Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tarox 6 Pot Big Brake Kit Review - Fiesta ST, w/300mm Two-Piece Rotors

Finally got these installed, first set in the USA with 2-piece rotors that fit without spacers, for my wheels at least. They clear the OZ Ultraleggera 17x7 ET42's with no problem and may also clear the OEM wheels but I dont have them to test fit. Didnt run into any snafus besides the instructions listing the bolts going into the brackets backwards and we had to bleed from both caliper screws to get all the air out. Taking it easy on them for 300 miles per the instructions, but so far the pedal feel is massively improved. Stiffer and more linear with a lot of initial bite, very streetable in traffic. A quick stop from 25-30ish about pulled the rear wheels off the ground, suffice to say, they work! I do have about 135lbs out of the back and lightweight rims though. We didn't need to use any shims as the rotor was well centered when we fit it, so that was a plus. Pad coverage on the rotor looks excellent. Can't wait to get some miles on these and see what they can do. Excellent customer service from Paul McGrath at Tarox USA, dont hesitate to reach out to him. Price was $2200 USD for the kit. Shipping is from Italy so expect to be patient for these, but Paul helped track them throughout! I weighed all the components myself to give exact weights below.

I attached the template as well for checking wheel clearance that Tarox provided if anyone is interested in the kit.

Part #: KMFO1141T (the T indicates the two piece set, KMFO1141 is the one piece rotor version of the same kit fyi)

Link: http://www.tarox.co.uk/product/tarox-brake-kit-ford-fiesta-mk6-st180-sport-kmfo1141t/

Specs:
  • 6 Piston Billet Calipers (7 lbs each, vs 11.4 stock lbs each), hard anodized in Gold color
  • 300mm Two-Piece Rotors w/Billet Hats (13.8 lbs each, vs 15 stock lbs each), pre-assembled and torqued from Tarox
  • PTFE Lined Stainless Brake Lines w/PVC Outer Coating
  • Billet Aluminum Mounting Brackets
  • Bolts and Accessories w/Shims

Kit received (doesnt show the brackets):
1.jpg

Before:
3.jpg

Before:
4.jpg

After:
5.jpg

After:
2.jpg

Were you having fading problems with the stock rotors and pads? I find the stock pads and rotors (as well as calipers) very good.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
very nice!
no change to the rear rotors or pads?
what brake pads did you use for your front kit?
GOLD must be the new rage I have 2 of the complete brake kits coming that satisfy all 4 corners for under $1900 (solid front rotor option)
includes the Tarox matching rear rotors and pads of your choice both of these kits have the strada street compound pads

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/tarox-6-pot-300mm-big-brake-kit-w-matching-rear-rotors-pads-2014-fiesta-st

Last edited:

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
A quick stop from 25-30ish about pulled the rear wheels off the ground, suffice to say, they work! I do have about 135lbs out of the back and lightweight rims though.
Cars, especially street cars, don't do stoppies! Well, maybe in a top-heavy Kei car, but not in a FiST.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Were you having fading problems with the stock rotors and pads? I find the stock pads and rotors (as well as calipers) very good.
They ARE 'very good' (the stockers).

But some just want there to be NO CHANCE whatsoever of pad knockback, or fade, from using floating calipers on a road course, or even very hard mountain driving. ;)

Last edited:
Looks really nice! It's great that there is another BBK option now for the FiST! I'm interested to see your longer-term impressions. I found that the most beneficial parts of the Stop-Tech BBK is (aside from a greater area for heat dispersion) was that the pedal feel is 1000x better with the fixed caliper (Stop-Tech) vs floating caliper (stock). The structural regidity that the fixed calipers offer really translates to a more rigid and consistant pedal feel vs the floating. With my winter rims I can't fit the Stop-Techs and so have to convert back to the stockers and the difference between the two pedal feels is dramatic. Needless to say, I can't wait for spring!

Anyways, congrats on the new stoppers and I hope they treat you well!

Ron, could you get the 2 pc rotor? what would the price be? Just wondering... lol.

those gold would look nice on my Kona Blue....

very nice!
no change to the rear rotors or pads?
what brake pads did you use for your front kit?
GOLD must be the new rage I have 2 of the complete brake kits coming that satisfy all 4 corners for under $1900 (solid front rotor option)
includes the Tarox matching rear rotors and pads of your choice both of these kits have the strada street compound pads

https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopify.com/collections/2014-2017-ford-fiesta-st/products/tarox-6-pot-300mm-big-brake-kit-w-matching-rear-rotors-pads-2014-fiesta-st

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Ron, could you get the 2 pc rotor? what would the price be? Just wondering... lol.

those gold would look nice on my Kona Blue....
of course
If you are just window shopping take the OP's price minus 5%
If you are serious, PM me

TDavis

1000 Post Club
The instructions say to take it easy on them for the first few hundred miles? No bedding procedure like the Wilwoods??

Thanks for the weight specs, I was waiting for that!

Now just need someone to test these on the track and see how they fair.

OP
S
Thread Starter #11
Thx for all the replies. Stockers were a bit weak when heated up and pedal feel was trash. Solid mounts and stainless lines have rectified that and yes I wanted more brake than what I had. Did not change the rears yet but will be doing the Strada pads and 1 piece OEM rotors with stainless lines eventually. Bedding in indeed, by taking it easy I mean no 100-0 full brake stops to avoid overheating until bedded, per Tarox instruction. 300 miles of progressive braking as with any other kit. Loving the cold bite of the Strada pads, doubt i need anything more for even light track duty. Not a peep of sound from them and less dust it seems already but time will tell. Glad Ron is on it with the kits!

OP
S
Thread Starter #12
of course
If you are just window shopping take the OP's price minus 5%
If you are serious, PM me
Probably would be good sir to get the weight of the one piece rotors for FYI in the KMFO1141 kit, I'm guessing they are 17-19lbs each, more than stock, but not sure. Still would be less net with the calipers being so much lighter and the rotating weight is close to the axle hub centerpoint, so not a huge deal. Steering seems a bit more accurate now with the 10lbs off but not a huge difference.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Probably would be good sir to get the weight of the one piece rotors for FYI in the KMFO1141 kit, I'm guessing they are 17-19lbs each, more than stock, but not sure. Still would be less net with the calipers being so much lighter and the rotating weight is close to the axle hub centerpoint, so not a huge deal. Steering seems a bit more accurate now with the 10lbs off but not a huge difference.
Thanks for the tip[biggrin]
15lb.2oz for the 1 piece rotor

Josh96

Sorry to bump an old thread but just wondering how much clearance do you estimate between the caliper and wheel spokes, as I'm looking at running a similar set up? Thanks.