Hello and welcome to our Fiesta ST Forum community! Is this your first visit?
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Senior Member 1061 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Solebury
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I am on a VERY fixed income, so the RS, or GT350/R, or any V8 f body that I wanted were out of the question (absolutely CANNOT 'do' $850.00+ monthly payments for 6+ years, and crazy insurance, even if I sold multiple body parts!!) .

I could not get a decent percentage loan on anything used I wanted, so this was basically my ONLY choice for a new (practical performance) car, PERIOD! (Unlike everyone else on here and elsewhere, I will NEVER EVER buy a vehicle from a Nippon, or Korean nameplate company, no matter WHERE it is screwed together. )

It also helped that THIS is the very first time EVER that I could buy an actual base platform from a domestic nameplate (Ford), which is used as the basis for their WRC car, allowing me to 'rep' for them, and wholeheartedly support them and cheer them on!!

That they already won multiple championships with it, and look to do so again this year is just ICING on the cake!
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points  
    City
    Ontario
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

I decided I no longer wanted a large car payment and needed to downsize a bit. I traded in my STI for the FiST, the incentives and 0% APR was what ended up selaing the deal in the end. It was the closest thing to a compromise I felt I could make at the time. I can't stand driving to work in a commuter car. I wanted something I could still enjoy my drive in. I will be honest, I hated it the first week, but my little turd has grown on me! I honestly feel as though I made the absolute best decision in trading my STI in, I don't even miss it!

Member 89 Rep Points

Medals
    City
    Orange
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 Likes

Richard Hammond basically said “If you don’t buy one of these, you’re stupid.” I needed a new car, so I test drove one, laughed my head off as I took a wraparound freeway ramp at 60 without sliding off of it, and the rest is history.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals

City
    wilmington
    State
    DE
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grew up mostly driving trucks for the first ten years of having my license then (31 years old now.) then insurance and gas just kept going up and couldn't fully justify a truck 24/7. Always had performance style cars but never something for a daily.... swapped jobs and have a farther commute now so I picked up a 04 jetta tdi, while I somewhat liked it it was just so freaking slow even after doing a ton of stuff to it, had the tdi for just under 2 years and put 70k miles on it had some minor issues but just wasn't happy with it. Running late to a doctor appointment on day in the rain and couldn't see something had fallen off a truck to the last second ran over something (still don't know what it was.) it took out the oilpan and cracked my passenger side lower control arm left it sitting at my parents in the garage for now till I junk it. Was already debating about a "hot" hatch style car for daily duties, test drove some gti's but wasn't huge on it, really wanted a focus st till I test drove one and wasn't sure. Searched locally for a fiesta and found one right by work test drove it and bought it that night lol.

Member 38 Rep Points Speedboosted's Avatar

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Vancouver
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Narrowed it down between the Fiesta ST, Focus ST, Mk7 GTI, and Fusion 1.5 eco. I wanted a daily that was nicer to live with than my Mustang. Focus was nice, quick, comfortable, but couldn't get over how much torque steer it had. The Fusion was very nice and comfy, but ultimately too boring. I really liked the GTI, but it was about $6k more than the Fiesta which ended up sealing the deal. I like the interior and power of the GTI better, but nothing is as fun to drive as the Fiesta and the interior/Sync is pretty decent all things considered and my god the Recaro's fit me perfectly.

There are times I wish I would have gotten the GTI such as when I'm on a long road trip and the suspension is beating me up, but whatever. The next offramp usually solves any regret.
    Dizzy Tuned 93/E30 - Cobb - Mountune - Rally Armor - Boomba - CPE - Depo

Medals
    City
    Portland
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I wanted something practical and fun to drive for under $20k.

It was this, a base model Impreza, or a Honda Fit.

Ended up being an easier choice than anticipated.

New Member 28 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    City
    Manassas
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

You really cant beat the deal you can get on one right now! I got my 2017 (every option but a sunroof and nav) for 20 and some change out the door. A total blast to drive and cheap to fill up/run. Cant beat it!

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Sherwood
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

I had been thinking for a while that my next car was going to be a sporty one for my daily driver. This is going to sound kind of funny, but I had been playing Gran Turismo 5 and 6 to see what inexpensive sporty cars might fit the bill. At the same time I was looking up top 10 inexpensive sports car lists and videos. I had a pretty long list of used cars from the 90's to newer cars. I was originally trying to stay under $10k so I was thinking used was going to be the answer. When we had our second child, I added a criteria to be able to haul both kids which meant no two seaters and threw out a lot of options. I also kind of wanted a domestic brand to hopefully save on maintenance costs. I continued to play Gran Turismo and downloaded a table of all the cars in the game which included their price and their performance ratings. I used the table to sort out the least expensive highest performance cars and then I sorted through the cars that I could actually purchase in North America. The 2003 Dodge SRT4, 2000 Camaro SS, and 2005 Mustang GT, showed pretty high on the value to performance list, along with the 2013 Focus ST, (the Fiesta ST isn't in the game but it would probably be pretty high). So then I realized that the Focus was the newest car with the best performance to value and might actually be a pretty good fit for my daily driving budget sports car family hauler criteria. I started looking into Focus ST's and the reviews started pointing me to the Fiesta ST instead. At that point I went and test drove a Fiesta ST and decided to hold off on a purchase, but then I just couldn't stop thinking about it, and my obsessive self went bought one a couple months after my first test drive. It has been great with no regrets ever since.
    2017 Magnetic w/ Smoke Storm Recaros, Black Wheels, Painted Calipers, Cravenspeed "The Stubby Antenna", Ford ST Rubber Floor Mats, no-pistons Dead Pedal, Matte Black Rimstock Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 15x8 Wheels, Continental
    ExtremeContact Sport 205/50/15 86W SL BSW Tires, Gorilla Automotive 21133BC 12mm x 1.5" Black Lug Nuts, XPEL Ultimate Full Front Clear Bra, XPEL Prime HP 30% Window Tint, Yellow Lamin-X Fog Light Covers, Auxbeam F-16 Series LED Fog Light Bulbs, Gloss Red AWR 88a Rear Engine Mount, Swift R-Spec Springs, Bilstein B8 Shock Absorbers, SPC Performance EZ Cam XR 81250 Camber Bolts, Damond Oil Catch Can w/ VTA, ST Octane Academy Badges, Ford ST Carbon Fiber Shift Knob, Mojo Short Shift, Mojo Shifter Extension, Expansion Plug Symposer Delete, Cobb Accessport V3 w/ Stratified 93 tune, Rally Armor Grey Mudflaps, K&N Air Filter.

Planned Build: Ramair Induction Hose, Whoosh Crossover, Pierce 2-Point Front Lower Brace, MTC Intercooler, Depo Intercooler Pipe Set...

0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    Earned First 5 Rep Points Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 75 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points  
    City
    Hampton roads
    State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 Likes

There are cars that are faster in a straight line. There are cars that handle better and have more grip. There are cars that brake better. There are bigger hatchbacks. There are zero cars that deliver the balance out of all the things I listed like the fist. After driving everything from Porsches to miatas to evos to minivans, you just don't get this balance Soo damn good from the factory. It's a magnificent piece of engineering that Ford is replacing with the edge St, smh Ford of America. Shame on you for cancelling this car in the states
    2008 vw rabbit(totaled), 2006 civic si(sold), 2010 vw gti(sold), 2016 fist mishi intake, cobb rmm, vogtland springs, TRS retrofit stuff, Levels intercooler, Mountune Hot side charge pipe, JSTuned with a corn blend, powrflex engine and transmission mouts, tune+ turbosmart wastegate, morimotto led xb fog lights, Turbosmart wee port bov(whoosh kit), ST2 focus st recaro seat upgrade, 16x8 konig dekagram with 205 45 16 sc2

Member 107 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Medals
    City
    Menifee
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by A7xogg View Post
    There are cars that are faster in a straight line. There are cars that handle better and have more grip. There are cars that brake better. There are bigger hatchbacks. There are zero cars that deliver the balance out of all the things I listed like the fist. After driving everything from Porsches to miatas to evos to minivans, you just don't get this balance Soo damn good from the factory. It's a magnificent piece of engineering that Ford is replacing with the edge St, smh Ford of America. Shame on you for cancelling this car in the states
    Bravo!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast