Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb AP no longer shutting off

Hey everyone! Recently I've notices my accessport not shutting down when I turn off my car. I made sure the "auto off" setting is checked on the AP, but its like my OBD port is still providing power to the unit. Does this sound like an accessport issue or a vehicle issue? It hasn't killed my battery yet, but twice now I've come out in the morning and it's still on. Any idea's?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Not sure if this applies, but I have noticed if I start the car then shut it off soon after, perhaps to move it or check for leaks, the AP doesn't have time to fully boot up, so when you turn the car off it remains on. I've left mine on overnight for this reason not realizing it when I simply put the car in the garage after an oil change. Anyhow that may be your issue if you're finding it not shut off in the same context.

Good luck!

BRGT350

1000 Post Club
Happened to me too, I just unplugged it and plugged it back in. Hasn't happened again and I think it has been months since that happened.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Thanks everyone! I drove my secondary car today due to poor weather but before I left I unplugged the AP. When i get home I'll plug it back in and see what happens!

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I think it has something to do with the new firmware update. Mine does it every time after updating firmware.