Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Stratified 91 vs 93

Hi, I'll be getting an AP from stratified soon, and need to decided if I should get both 93 and 91, or just 91.

In my area, I have 93 mostly available to me, but occasionally I will only be able to get 91. And I really don't want to reflash every time I have to use 91.

So my question is, is the difference between the 91 and 93 tunes that big?

Also what would you do? Get both tunes and switch every time, or just get the 91

I have a single tune with both 91/93. So you can switch maps on the fly with the cruise control stalk. I'm not sure what the power difference is between the two. However, I can tell you that when I flash and forget to switch to the 93 (it's map slot 2), I can notice the car accelerating a tad bit slower.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Obviously our cars aren't Mitsubishi evos, but I just read something that when they were on a Dyno they made 20 horsepower more on 93 at the wheels. One guy said he drives a hundred miles out of his way to get 93 instead of 91 that's how much of a difference it made on his Mitsubishi Evo.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I would like to go 91 just because the only Shell station we have here is 91, they don't have 93 so I have to go to Mobil for 93. I prefer Shell gas.

As mentioned above, just buy a single combo file while tune with both 91 and 93 tunes. You have 5 slots total so that leaves you 3 more to fill with tunes you can change to in 2 seconds on the fly. Maybe add an E30 in one slot. Or add an eco 91 and an eco 93 which will limit boost to 15psi, which I use until my oil temps come up.