Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CP-E Nexus 3" vs Thermal 3" CBE

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Thermal is by far the most tame 3" at cruise/normal driving due to their design. It's pretty amazing for a 3" system actually
The cp-e system is awesome as well if you want something more aggressive but it will drone a bit on the highway. Just depends what you are after.

I actually have a customer that had a Thermal system, sold it to buy a cp-e from my store. He now wants the Thermal back since the Fiesta is his daily.
He loves the cp-e when ripping around, cold start, etc but his commute is getting to him from our last conversation.

I have both in stock and the forum discount is valid for purchase on these systems

Thermal is by far the most tame 3" at cruise/normal driving due to their design. It's pretty amazing for a 3" system actually
The cp-e system is awesome as well if you want something more aggressive but it will drone a bit on the highway. Just depends what you are after.

I actually have a customer that had a Thermal system, sold it to buy a cp-e from my store. He now wants the Thermal back since the Fiesta is his daily.
He loves the cp-e when ripping around, cold start, etc but his commute is getting to him from our last conversation.

I have both in stock and the forum discount is valid for purchase on these systems
If this customer is around the tennessee area i would trade the thermal for the CP-E :D

LILIKE16ST

that is interesting. I can take a little drone above stock levels and I can take some noise I want it to be a little aggressive but before when I was catless along with no resonator and no muffler that was just a little bit too much. I would like it to be closer volume wise and drone wise to what it was whenever I had a straight piped catback but still had the stock downpipe in place. I was perfectly fine with that (i've seen a lot of people think this is too much...those that are more sensitive to drone). I'm thinking the cpe catback with a catless dp would be closer to what I'm after with the thermal being just a hair too quiet for my tastes based on everything I've read and all. Like I said my current setup is catless downpipe and stock sized catback with a resonator delete and stock muffler (stock muffler is the only non straight piped part of the entire system) and where it is now is a little too quiet for me. I could see the thermal not being much more aggressive if any compared to my current setup based on videos I've seen and based on what others have told me. I'm thinking about just going with the cpe I believe that will get me back to about where I want to be which is noticeably more aggressive than where I am now but definately not as loud and droney as I was with a completely straight piped system.

Question ron...I plan to purchase this exhaust from you pretty soon...can I still get the free hangers with the exhaust like you were saying earlier in this thread? thanks again!
Michael

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Thermal system will be much louder than your current setup just by virtue of it being that much larger than the stock system's diameter.

My CP-E Nexus system, even with the factory down pipe, also seemed to get MUCH MORE loud (and sadly, 'droney/buzzy' in interior noises, in certain rev ranges) as it has aged as well. [:(]

But then I am an almost 64 year old who is trying desperately to hold onto whatever little hearing I have left, so take that into account. ;)

...The cp-e system is awesome as well if you want something more aggressive but it will drone a bit on the highway...
My situation exactly - I bought a used 2016 with a cp-e catback and commute 100 highway miles a day. The sound it makes when you're up in the revs is awesome, but most of my drive isn't that kind of driving. When I watched the Thermal video showing how they engineer the sound of their exhaust, I decided to order one from Ron.

I'll be posting the cp-e for sale once the Thermal is installed.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Once again loving my Thermal and people actually do notice it at idle as a friend the other day noted the throaty rumble it exhibits at idle. He was like wow that thing sounds powerful. Lol just enough to signify beef without being obnoxious or ricey sounding.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
The cp-e at least is anything but ricey. The drone does suck. I didnt mind it too much at 150 miles a day and now I drive it 20 miles a month less I go somewhere far. I hardly notice now. Lol

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk