Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

After Auto-Update-Bad Install File/No Voice Recognition.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Hi all, I have Sync 3 which came with Version 1.0 when I got the car new 8/16. I'm connected to WiFi and set to auto update. It never updated to a newer version, although it started to download an update partially a few times a year ago, then gave up. I never tried a manual flash drive update, the system has worked fine until now.
After seeing the download arrow yesterday, and getting a message that there was a successful download of Sync 3 Version 1.0 (what it came with, NOT a newer version), I now have a problem.
The second time I started the car I got a message saying I had a bad installation file, and get a !Voice Recognition not ready when I push the voice button. The auto-update not only didn't update to a newer version, it screwed up the Version 1.0 I've always had. I tried a few system resets (push power/seek up buttons) and turned it off and on a few times, restarted the car, still no voice recognition. Any thoughts would be appreciated. IMG_20180318_130230334_HDR.jpg

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Hi all, I have Sync 3 which came with Version 1.0 when I got the car new 8/16. I'm connected to WiFi and set to auto update. It never updated to a newer version, although it started to download partially a few times, then gave up. I never tried a manual flash drive update, the system has worked fine until now.
After seeing the download arrow yesterday, and getting a message that there was a successful download of Sync 3 Version 1.0, what it came with, I now have a problem.
The second time I started the car I got a message saying I had a bad installation file, and get a !Voice Recognition not ready when I push the voice button. The auto-update not only didn't update to a newer version, it screwed up the Version 1.0 I've always had. I tried a few system resets (push power/seek up buttons) and turned it off and on a few times, restarted the car, still no voice recognition. Any thoughts would be appreciated. View attachment 17291
I'd suggest that you do the USB update, and see if that fixes things. I went from 1.0 to 2.3 just like you did, but everything went smoothly via a USB stick (and mine is a 2015 MY with a donor unit from a 2016).

If that fails, search for a thread (Sync 3 upgrade) where a fellow from Chile went through something similar to your situation. It took some doing - but he had the voice recognition and the lost hill assist restored.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I'm not sure if I can do the USB update- the Ford site almost never lets me sign in to my owner account.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thanks for your help.
NP. This file may not be the latest build though, bear this in mind. I'd try the Ford site again - they have the most recent files, and unless you continue to have problems with it (also, in the past their server has been frequently unresponsive, sending errors or not advancing to the next step), you can try the version that I uploaded.

OP
Capri to ST

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
I don't think I can do the manual update with my Chromebook, so I went by the dealer. They couldn't get the voice recognition working, although they didn't update which surprised me, they're going to ask Ford to authorize a new APIM.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I don't think I can do the manual update with my Chromebook, so I went by the dealer. They couldn't get the voice recognition working, although they didn't update which surprised me, they're going to ask Ford to authorize a new APIM.
This is a software issue, I am quite sure. The dealer just doesn't want to deal with it or just doesn't know how. As to the computer, I'd think a local library would have some for you to use. It's a place where they have words printed on paper, combined into a rectangular-looking things... [emoji23]