Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Removing Accessport in Stage3

Hi,

My car is currently running the stage 3 map. Planning to sell my car, is it okay to remove/uninstall my accessport and keep the current stage 3 parts installed in my car? Thanks!

yes it should be perfectly fine. Are you going to be selling that AP? (I'm currently running stage 3 type parts, minus the front mount and there is no adverse effects) you just don't get the full power potential you would have without it.

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
Yes I will be selling it once it is uninstall from my car

XanRules

You should not do this as it will majorly goof up your air fuel ratio and cause trouble for the buyer down the road. A car's engine management system is clever but if it was clever enough to safely compensate for a larger, freer-flowing exhaust, a larger, freer-flowing intake, and a larger intercooler, we would not need to buy Accessports in the first place.

You should not do this as it will majorly goof up your air fuel ratio and cause trouble for the buyer down the road. A car's engine management system is clever but if it was clever enough to safely compensate for a larger, freer-flowing exhaust, a larger, freer-flowing intake, and a larger intercooler, we would not need to buy Accessports in the first place.
I would have to respectfully disagree with this. The stock ecu will easily be able to compensate for the increased flow and lower charge/intake temps. Bolt-ons that he currently have will not negatively affect the vehicle in any significant way without a tune. The tune is there to essentially raise boost and pull ignition timing and lean it out as much as possible (while still remaining safe). The stock tune will always be running on its parameters at a safe and reliable level hence why you don't see any significant gain when doing just bolt-ons with this car. With the upgrades he is running, I would be willing to bet that running these parts without a tune would actually be more reliable than running them with a tune because running any tune is pushing the limits a bit more than the factory parameters and insignificant bolts ons that essentially just help flow and temp. I'm not even saying either one would even be what I consider "risky" or "unreliable". If you're worried about a CEL for the cat, put an O2 defouler.

XanRules

The downpipe is what usually gets people. The intake and intercooler don't appear to be a big deal without a tune in my experience, but a turboback exhaust without a tune being safe and reliable would be different than every other turbocharged car I can think of. That rear O2 sensor isn't there for nothing. I am of the opinion that all of these mods with no tune would cause the car to run QUITE lean, especially at WOT.

The rear O2 sensor is there only to monitor if the cat is working properly. Nothing more. It sends a simple pulse to the ecu and an old trick us DSM guys would do is just tape that rear 02 sensor to the bottom of the car to not trip a light. The front one measures the a/f. The ECU make many, many corrects a second with a/f and it will not allow it to go lean unless the air was unmeasured. I promise... I've been doing this a long time with several cars. Started off as a tech and went to school for engine performance and currently work at a dealership. These cars now a days are amazing at what they are able to adapt to.

XanRules

Yeah, our backgrounds may be the difference - I come from the WRX/STI world, where you will absolutely, guaranteed, 100%, every time, blow your shit up if you don't tune for a downpipe.