Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 v3.0 released

What's the version number? I would install & run it if someone could upload the file to google drive or something similar. Need non-nav update file. Don't have a VIN to input to download the file.

Nevermind, found a way to get it. Will install in the morning and let you guys know if I run into any issues.

; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for NonNav/NonEU assemblies.

[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-THA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-THA.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-TBB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TBB.tar.gz
Item3 = HB5T-14G386-AHH
Open3 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-AHH.tar.gz
Item4 = GB5T-14G386-SC
Open4 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-SC.tar.gz
Item5 = JR3T-14G391-BD
Open5 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G391-BD.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = HB5T-14G387-AAB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G387-AAB.tar.gz
Item2 = JR3T-14G381-AL
Open2 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz
Item3 = JR3T-14G423-BA
Open3 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-BA.tar.gz
Item4 = GB5T-14G386-AA
Open4 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction

The download failed for me. I called Ford and they said that it shouldn't have been put up on their website yet. It's all kind of weird.

Worked for me an hour ago.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Oops, I shouldn't post while this tired. I meant to say the download was successful, but the update failed when I hooked up the usb to the car. I called Ford with the error message that I received on the screen.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Oops, I shouldn't post while this tired. I meant to say the download was successful, but the update failed when I hooked up the usb to the car. I called Ford with the error message that I received on the screen.
Roger. I guess I'll wait. When it errors out, does it screw up the existing version?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Well, I have been running the non-official version 3, when I go to update it tells me that I am already on the latest. I will look at downgrading, then re-updating.

Edit...
Downgraded to 2.2 and the upgrade to 3.0.18025 went fine. I need to connect up to the APIM and edit a few things. The APIM I have came from a wrecked Fiesta SE, it obviously had heated seats and such because those options opened up when I upgraded to 3.0.18025.

Last edited:

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
Ford's updating process for Sync 3, both auto-update and manual, is really bad. I recently posted a thread about how it never updated me from the original Version 1.0 in a year and a half of ownership from new. Then, I got a download message which said I had updated: to V 1.0, what I'd had the whole time. Then, that update messed up my 1.0,which I was fine with, and took away voice recognition.
This thread and others like it made me reluctant to try manual updating because of all the problems with it, and I don't even think I can on my Chromebook, so now I have to take it to the dealer to fix what Ford's auto-update broke. Annoying.

Ford's updating process for Sync 3, both auto-update and manual, is really bad. I recently posted a thread about how it never updated me from the original Version 1.0 in a year and a half of ownership from new. Then, I got a download message which said I had updated: to V 1.0, what I'd had the whole time. Then, that update messed up my 1.0,which I was fine with, and took away voice recognition.
This thread and others like it made me reluctant to try manual updating because of all the problems with it, and I don't even think I can on my Chromebook, so now I have to take it to the dealer to fix what Ford's auto-update broke. Annoying.
You need to take it in I had the same problem, it took them 4 days and 2 modules to fix it but it works now. They did at least give me a free rental because it was under warranty still

OP
Content_Godzilla
Thread Starter #15
I tried updating, I get "mem_err03".

I think the guys with nav are having no problems with the update, but I'm not sure.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The non-nav units do not have enough memory to update without resetting the unit first to disconnect all devices first. Then update and then add phones and bluetooth stuff back.....per Ford Support!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
The non-nav units do not have enough memory to update without resetting the unit first to disconnect all devices first. Then update and then add phones and bluetooth stuff back.....per Ford Support!

"Ford tech guy called today and we talked about 30 minutes on the subject of the updates. First is the WI-FI, he assured me Ford is working to correct the issues, they really do not want hundreds of thousand of cars/trucks coming to dealerships and Ford paying for the updates. He said numerous problems have been reported and they will get it resolved ASAP. Said the reason my car was not attempting the WI-Fi update is the memory problem has non-nav updates flagged as not available so it does not try to update. As to the 2016 non-nav USB update issues it is a memory problem to start with. Nav systems have more memory than non-nav units. He said the way to make the usb update work on non-nav units is to first do a Master Reset to uncouple any phones or bluetooth devices to free memory. Next is the so called "arrangement" issue. It appears some third party unzip apps do not place the files in the correct order and the system locks up or gets into a loop. Said only Windows File Explorer should be used on WIN 8 or 10 to insure the correct order. He also told me what should be used for Apple but I don't do Apple so I really do not remember, sorry. I assume it would be whatever unzip app that comes with the Apple. He said the great majority of calls they get for help are resolved by doing this. Hope this helps.......No, I have not tried it yet!"

16 MY W/ NAV. No update problems for me.

Only a few minor changes that I noticed for icons.

Edit:

Will update my non-nav Escape this weekend.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Been running a bootleg of v3.0 build 17276 for months now. Only issue is sometimes after listening to sirius, pandora or bluetooth and I shut the car down. Upon restart it will default to a random AM radio station.

Not sure how AA works since my phone isn't supported and USB C doesn't seem to jive well my car aside from charging.