Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 v3.0 released

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Based on all of this, I will never try to update my non-nav version 2.2 on my 2017 since everything works as it should. I would like to have waze integrated, but I can run it on my iphone which sits on the air vent just to the left of the sync screen, so its fine as is. It just does not seem worth the hassle, unless some future version comes out with features that really are worthwhile.
My feelings exactly. I get a monthly update from Ford Customer care about my 2016 Non-nav. I will wait until one of two things happens. First it will take a special procedure to download the update to us due to lack of memory for unpacking the data. So they must develop a special program with many smaller chunks of data sent at a time. Or what I think will happen is we will be directed to the Dealer and they will order and install a new updated unit when they figure out it will be cheaper as not everyone has WiFi. All I want is my Google Maps nav on my screen! But I will let others be the "beta" testers.......when the dust settles I'll get mine done one way or another.

I did.notice that when I try to use Waze..the screen freezes when the phone locks...and will remain frozen until you unlock the phone....

And another existing glitch...when you try to get spotify to play music after you conect it, sometimes it play, but you cannot hear it...if you press the voice.command button..then you hear it for a minute..then sometimes u have tompress it again so it goes back to playing..this sometimes has to be done twice to get it working.....ahhhh Ford and glitches..lol

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
And another existing glitch...when you try to get spotify to play music after you conect it, sometimes it play, but you cannot hear it...if you press the voice.command button..then you hear it for a minute..then sometimes u have tompress it again so it goes back to playing..this sometimes has to be done twice to get it working.....ahhhh Ford and glitches..lol
I don't even have any mobile apps that are discoverable, and in 2.2 I could see Glympse, Pandora, and Spotify in Sync. I can, however, see them in AA.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Installed easily on a non Nav Sync 3. Formatted exFat (Win10) on a Sandisk 32 gig, Win10 default extract. Sent the completion file to Ford. Did not reset the unit before update. Haven't used it enough to see any bugs.
Retained cell phone blue tooth link only having to save fresh contacts.

My feelings exactly. I get a monthly update from Ford Customer care about my 2016 Non-nav. I will wait until one of two things happens. First it will take a special procedure to download the update to us due to lack of memory for unpacking the data. So they must develop a special program with many smaller chunks of data sent at a time. Or what I think will happen is we will be directed to the Dealer and they will order and install a new updated unit when they figure out it will be cheaper as not everyone has WiFi. All I want is my Google Maps nav on my screen! But I will let others be the "beta" testers.......when the dust settles I'll get mine done one way or another.
I have a MY16 non-nav FiST and I was able to get the 3.0 update to apply using this two step method posted over on the Escape forums. Basically you just comment out one of the bundles, let it apply the updates, it will say it needs to reboot and do more, then you edit the autoinstall.lst file to swap what is commented out (semicolons are the comment flag for these files). I actually wound up doing it in the reverse order and that worked for me.

I used 2 USB sticks to save me having to run in and make in-lace edits on one in between update passes in the car, so on the first stick I had the first code section below and on the second stick I had the latter code section below. Both had all the rest of the files present just in case.

Cfhgarza's method in case the link above to the other forum stops working:

I did this for the first part.

Code:
; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for My16 NonNav/NonEU assemblies.
[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-THA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-THA.tar.gz
Item2 = HB5T-14G386-TBB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TBB.tar.gz
Item3 = GB5T-14G386-SC
Open3 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-SC.tar.gz
Item4 = JR3T-14G391-BD
Open4 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G391-BD.tar.gz
;Item5 = JR3T-14G381-AL
;Open5 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = JR3T-14G423-BA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-BA.tar.gz
Item2 = GB5T-14G386-AA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction
When it told me to restart for part #2 I turned off the car and pulled the USB drive. Then I made the following changes. Im not sure if you even need the prat after [SYNCGen3.0_ALL] but it worked.

Code:
; SYNC3 Consumer Assembly Upgrade - Release 3.0.13 - Only for My16 NonNav/NonEU assemblies.
[SYNCGen3.0_3.0.18025_PRODUCT]
;Item1 = HB5T-14G386-THA
;Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-THA.tar.gz
;Item2 = HB5T-14G386-TBB
;Open2 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TBB.tar.gz
;Item3 = GB5T-14G386-SC
;Open3 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-SC.tar.gz
;Item4 = JR3T-14G391-BD
;Open4 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G391-BD.tar.gz
Item1 = JR3T-14G381-AL
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G381-AL.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = JR3T-14G423-BA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\JR3T-14G423-BA.tar.gz
Item2 = GB5T-14G386-AA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
Options = Delay,Include,Transaction
The semicolon tells the Sync 3 system to ignore the line of text that follows it. Again you can probably add the semicolon to the last 6 lines for the second part but I just forgot and it worked
All that said, the constant start-up reminders that WiFi exists are annoying and using Waze on the main screen is not that great. The inputs and the animation on screen are very laggy and the phone screen has to be on for it to update the car screen. I went back to using CarPlay with Waze on my phone screen in the ProClip cradle. Regardless, it is nice that Ford has been pushing their software forward and releasing it for SYNC3 systems on model years no longer in showrooms.

I have still have yet to see anyone post a reason to go through these hopps to update to 3.0. What new things do you see with it that didn't exist in 2.3?

borborpa

Premium Account
I have still have yet to see anyone post a reason to go through these hopps to update to 3.0. What new things do you see with it that didn't exist in 2.3?
More stability on Android Auto - and we will soon have the ability to run Waze outside of Android Auto - so you can be on the main Sync screen but use Waze. Aside from that, there are no major things I've noticed.