Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Sync 3 v3.0 released

Did you upgrade the hardware? The usb hub needs to be changed on 16s
I looked into it. Only need it for Apple. Since I have project Fi as my carrier which is through Google, I don't see myself using an iPhone anytime soon lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

me32

1000 Post Club
I looked into it. Only need it for Apple. Since I have project Fi as my carrier which is through Google, I don't see myself using an iPhone anytime soon lol.

Fair enough. But clearly something is keeping it from working correctly

Glad to see I'm not the only one with Fi.

I've had no issues with AA from my point of view.

Does it have the option to enable it in the sync settings?

Glad to see I'm not the only one with Fi.

I've had no issues with AA from my point of view.

Does it have the option to enable it in the sync settings?

No :( I'm going to try the master reset tomorrow.

Try to master reset sync and try again.

Tried the master reset. It won't update now. I put the flash drive in and it does nothing. Everything is properly formatted and everything. It also still does the Android auto thing. I can't even get my Bluetooth paired because of it.

Tried the master reset. It won't update now. I put the flash drive in and it does nothing. Everything is properly formatted and everything. It also still does the Android auto thing. I can't even get my Bluetooth paired because of it.

Does your drive blink a light when files are being accessed?

Mine took about 5 minutes before the screen said it was updating.

Does your drive blink a light when files are being accessed?

Mine took about 5 minutes before the screen said it was updating.

Yeah blinks but does nothing.

Took about 5 min for mine to say system updating, then took 15-20 min till complete with no issues.
Other thing I noticed, have your car running for about 5 min before putting in the USB drive. Seems to like that better.

Took about 5 min for mine to say system updating, then took 15-20 min till complete with no issues.
Other thing I noticed, have your car running for about 5 min before putting in the USB drive. Seems to like that better.
I'll try that, I left it in while driving around for twenty minutes with nothing. Anyone know of a way to downgrade? Back to 1.0? Or 2.x?

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
In my case, I plugged the memory stick BEFORE I turned the engine on. It does take a few minutes for it to discover the update.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

borborpa

Premium Account
I got a PKG_ERR03 error when I tried to go from the 3.0 "hacked" version to the official release. In order to install it, I had to downgrade to 2.2. Then install a new Gracenote for 2.2, then I was able to do the 3.0 factory image.

I got a PKG_ERR03 error when I tried to go from the 3.0 "hacked" version to the official release. In order to install it, I had to downgrade to 2.2. Then install a new Gracenote for 2.2, then I was able to do the 3.0 factory image.
How did you downgrade? I need to do the same thing?

Tried the update for 3.0 for my non nav unit....followed all instructions to the T and still got same errors as before. First i got the error EM 003 but then i got another error i never had with the 2.3 update. It was error lst 005. This is some.bullcrap...my 1.0 to 2.2 update went up without a problem....the 2.3 never worked...called Ford....no help at all...You spend all this moneynin a car and then all this time to keep it up to date...Then NO ONE at ford when u call them know.anything or can give you any tips, or ideas..All they keep saying is...Must be something you are doing wrong......i am so freaking tired of hearing that...Look..I am not your run of the mill customer..I deal with electronics..I know it takes patience and you have to follow directions....But if sooo many people are having the same issue...then..MAYBE..CALL ME CRAZY..its not us..and as a world company, you should respond to your.customers....you should give us support....you should design things that work, and if they dont..then make ammends, fix it and take ownership...very frustrating...Alas..

16 w/Nav updated by USB no issues. Only bug I noticed so far is the radio seem to start on FM a lot, even if it wasn't what I was last listening too. Not all the time though.

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
called Ford....no help at all...MAYBE..CALL ME CRAZY..its not us..and as a world company, you should respond to your.customers....you should give us support....you should design things that work, and if they dont..then make ammends, fix it and take ownership...very frustrating...Alas..
We feel your pain. Feel better soon.

Frankly, I am yet to find out what the actual - visible - improvements are for the 3.0 over the 2.3. Doesn't boot any faster, and for my hardware combo anyway, it doesn't add any mobile apps.

But, thus is moot for me - so long as it boots up AA, it's all I need.

borborpa

Premium Account
We feel your pain. Feel better soon.

Frankly, I am yet to find out what the actual - visible - improvements are for the 3.0 over the 2.3. Doesn't boot any faster, and for my hardware combo anyway, it doesn't add any mobile apps.

But, thus is moot for me - so long as it boots up AA, it's all I need.

Once they do a Waze update, you'll be able to access it outside of AA.

I called Ford Corporate today on my prior post.. My dealer wants to charge me $100 to do an update and that is BULSHIT....Ford tells me well software is not covered by any warranty!!!! That is major bull!!! Imagine if everything you purchased you own software based stopped working due to an update....NO....I escalated this....Im supposed ton receive a call on this...Will see.....

me32

1000 Post Club
I called Ford Corporate today on my prior post.. My dealer wants to charge me $100 to do an update and that is BULSHIT....Ford tells me well software is not covered by any warranty!!!! That is major bull!!! Imagine if everything you purchased you own software based stopped working due to an update....NO....I escalated this....Im supposed ton receive a call on this...Will see.....
Well they are partly wrong. Software is warranty if it needs to be updated to work correctly. If the software is working correctly as it came with your car then they are not required to update it for you at there cost.