Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

In Search of the Perfect Fiesta ST DD Suspension

Like many of you, I purchased my '15 FiST while shopping for a FoST. To me, the car was just more fun to drive and cheaper at that. After owning the car for about a month I started experiencing lower back pain and I had no idea what was causing it. It wasn't until about month 2 that I realized that it was the rough suspension mixed with the lovely Southern California roads. I started looking into fixes and came across forums saying that the over dampened rear shocks were the main culprit to the rough ride. To counter this I ordered and installed Koni STR (orange) rear shocks and I noticed an immediate softening during my daily commute. However, there was a tremendous amount of squat in the rear when accelerating; something had to be done. To counter this effect, I installed a set of Vogtland lowering springs and that got rid of the rear squat, but the search was not over yet. The car still had a lot of roll when making turns, so I did some more research. I was looking into purchasing aftermarket sway bars and I was almost ready to pull the trigger. Then, I noticed folks talking about rear torsion bars and how much they reduced body roll. I settled on the TB Performance torsion bar and installed it in about 10 minutes (the rear suspension is ridiculously easy to work on) and I have to say that this car handles amazing now. Body roll was reduced by around 75% and every turn induces uncontrolled smiling[hihi]. Yes, the TB Performance torsion bar was the icing on the cake and now I am completely satisfied with my daily commute, for now. If your FiST is killing your back or you would like to use your touchscreen on the freeway, I highly recommend these mods. However, the TB Performance torsion bar is a must for any driver.