Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another Bay Area FiST owner here

Given the roads here, is it a wonder there are so many of us in this area?

Mine is a 2015 in oxford white. It's bone stock aside from a brand new set of Indy 500's. I'm not planning anything major for it, other than an exhaust. I don't like loud exhausts, but the stock setup is a bit too quiet even for me. Probably going for the Cobb turbo-back, since I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I've had it for about 7-8 months now, after buying it on an impulse (long story short: a Takata airbag recall on my Subaru was done badly, and seriously pissed me off). I've not had a single regret so far. It brings joy to my commute every single day, and smiles all day long on the weekend. I can never be angry when I'm driving this thing, and that's something I've never really had in a car.

IMG_20170603_162158.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome. If you just want a bit more sound on an otherwise stock car, you might consider a cat back exhaust. No real compelling reason to change the dp (downpipe) which is what "turbo back" means--from the turbo back. Your catalytic converter is in the dp, so a "cat back" means you leave the stock dp in place.

hi I am quite new here too

I HV a subie too, just got email asking me to call them about takata recall. What went wrong with yours? Any advice on how to approach this ? thanks.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

OP
P
Thread Starter #11
Welcome. If you just want a bit more sound on an otherwise stock car, you might consider a cat back exhaust. No real compelling reason to change the dp (downpipe) which is what "turbo back" means--from the turbo back. Your catalytic converter is in the dp, so a "cat back" means you leave the stock dp in place.
I've thought about doing just the cat back. It's cheaper, and dead simple to install. The turbo-back is more of a "what if I change my mind in the future and want to do more?"

OP
P
Thread Starter #12
hi I am quite new here too

I HV a subie too, just got email asking me to call them about takata recall. What went wrong with yours? Any advice on how to approach this ? thanks.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
I had a 2008 Impreza. When I got it back, I found that the gauge cluster was not fully re-installed in the dash. Additionally, they had managed to bury the power cable for my dash cam in the dash, despite the fact that they had removed it (it had been left in my center console). This came on top of a week without any status updates, which only started when I called them and started pestering them. The whole thing felt like a slap-dash job, and with such a glaring lack of attention to detail (how in the hell did they miss the power cord when they removed the A pillar trim?), I wasn't sure I could trust that the airbag had been installed properly.

I could have taken it back and told them to fix their mess, but I decided to look at a car that had long been on my radar. That car was the Fiesta ST.

It also wasn't the first problem I had with this particular Subaru dealer, or with the Subaru dealer back home (I'm a transplant to the Bay). I've owned three over a decade or so, but with the lack of interesting new performance models (no turbo hatchbacks or wagons anymore Subaru?), plus a litany of issues with Subaru dealers going back years, it was the last straw.

Stay on top of the repair job, and fully inspect the dashboard area when they're done.

I had a 2008 Impreza. When I got it back, I found that the gauge cluster was not fully re-installed in the dash. Additionally, they had managed to bury the power cable for my dash cam in the dash, despite the fact that they had removed it (it had been left in my center console). This came on top of a week without any status updates, which only started when I called them and started pestering them. The whole thing felt like a slap-dash job, and with such a glaring lack of attention to detail (how in the hell did they miss the power cord when they removed the A pillar trim?), I wasn't sure I could trust that the airbag had been installed properly.

I could have taken it back and told them to fix their mess, but I decided to look at a car that had long been on my radar. That car was the Fiesta ST.

It also wasn't the first problem I had with this particular Subaru dealer, or with the Subaru dealer back home (I'm a transplant to the Bay). I've owned three over a decade or so, but with the lack of interesting new performance models (no turbo hatchbacks or wagons anymore Subaru?), plus a litany of issues with Subaru dealers going back years, it was the last straw.

Stay on top of the repair job, and fully inspect the dashboard area when they're done.
thanks powermatt. That sounds terrible but I will keep that in mind and find a dealer with a good mechanic to do the job.

Sent using Tapatalk

OP
P
Thread Starter #14
I wound up going with the Cobb cat-back system. It's not cheap, but the quality of the fabrication and welding is superb. It's got a nice rumble that's very tame when idling or cruising, but really opens up when the throttle is used liberally. I'm really happy with it. It's going to stay like this for some time to come, as I really don't want to alter the user-friendliness of the car, or reduce its excellent fuel economy.